Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wayner
Excited about Disney

Talk to me about Norwegian air please

Looking to book October 2019 Gatwick to fort Lauderdale economy plus

Never flown with them before what are they like I see we get meals do we get drinks with plus ?

Thanks wayne

Edited at 09:25 PM.
wayner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
barber2384
Excited about Disney

I am also interested to know as I'm looking for Sept 19, though i read something earlier on another site saying that they have a lot of problems with their engines on their dreamliners and this can lead to you being shoved on an older, not as nice plane at the last minute with no warning. Idk how often this is the case however.
Sept/Oct 19 Avanti Palms and Art of Animation
barber2384 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gillh
Getting to know the DIBB

gillh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Flew with Norwegian economy plus on 11th October Gatwick to MCO. Flight left on time and arrived early to an empty immigration hall. Very good flight, meals no better or worse than any other airline we have travelled with. The snack service that you order and pay for on the screen worked well and was delivered promptly. This was a Dreamliner by the way. There were seven of us, four adults and three children and we were all seated in the seats we had chosen beforehand. We returned on Saturday 27th October and that flight also left on time and arrived at Gatwick 30 mins early. I would book with Norwegian again as felt we had great service. I was a little worried beforehand as I had read some stories about flights being cancelled and appalling customer service in these cases but I believe this also applies to some other airlines. It was a no brainier for us to choose Norwegian, £2774 for flights for seven of us, booked on the day the return date was released.
gillh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gillh
Getting to know the DIBB

gillh's Reviews
You can choose wine or beer with your meal if economy plus
gillh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's low fare plus that includes wine or beer with the meal
Any other drinks you pay for, you order on your seatback screen and pay by card (one transaction for the whole flight ... I've never run a tab on a plane before )
We flew in two groups this year so four flights all the flights we flew were really good . One got cancelled as the air con failed (can happen with any airline) and they were rebooked indirect departing just over seven hours later. They paid EU261 compensation and all receipted expenses without a quibble.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Would agree with all the above was pleasantly surprised
Old 17 Nov 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I thought you had to pay for your normal meal in Norwegian is that nit the case
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m really torn - as we had a fantastic flight with them a couple of years ago and they would now be my airline of choice, especially for their price!

But... I’d read a lot recently about changed flight times and cancelled flights and the last few times I’ve been at the airport flying with other companies (because NA didn’t do the routes I wanted on those trips), I’ve noticed how many of their flights seem to get cancelled/severely delayed - granted lots of them haven’t been UK routes, but I’m assuming that as they only have a limited fleet, if things go wrong they can’t just use different planes like the bigger airlines?

I’m now unsure whether I would want to take the risk again - the next time I was thinking of using them was to fly to California, but as we would then be connecting on to Hawaii, I’m a little nervous that a delay/cancellation would really foul up our trip.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gillh
Getting to know the DIBB

gillh's Reviews
Mobile

Yes low fare plus not economy plus! Worth the extra £50 each to upgrade from low fare to low fare plus in my opinion. Of course this upgrade price may change in the future.
Old 17 Nov 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Have just flown Norwegian from LGW-SEA and back from LAX, good flights both ways, booked economy plus so had the meal and bagagge included.
Food was good, had the traditional choice of chicken or beef, then a small sandwich latter on, drink with meal as well. I didn't use the snack service as I brought my own snacks to take on board.
I did find the IFE very limited with no where near the choice of BA/VS.
Both flights left on time and arrived slighty early would have no hesitation in using them again.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List