Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Are you not waiting for the free ddp deal?
Yes I am! But once prices for next year are released it means we won't have too long to wait before we can book.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AlpacaPicnic View Post
Thanks, I think I will

There's 3 of us though, 2 of us classed as adults and I definitely want the full dining plan... one of the nicest things (for me... kids couldn't care less!) about our holiday last year was being able to eat whatever/ wherever/ whenever we wanted.
Ah, sorry, I misread the number of people

Definitely give them a call. If you can't get a deluxe with free ddp in budget then have a look at a moderate resort with paying to upgrade from qsdp to ddp. If that's still out of budget, then consider the free qsdp. There really is a good variety of food available and you still have that sense of freedom of being able to eat what you want without worrying about the cost (and tips). I wrote a QS food report during our trip last April that might be worth having a look at to get an idea of what's available. We paid oop for 3 TS meals which was just right for us and saved us money over upgrading to ddp. The link is in blue at the bottom of my signature

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I was hoping to get a deluxe resort, free dpp, tickets for 2a and 2c for around 6k.

October 2017 cost us around £4400 for 3a 1c for a standard room at AKL (not inc flights).
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

I'm with everyone else here and a bit surprised by the price increases shown of the other websites, so hoping when Disney's prices come out they may be a bit less. Although the prices that ATD had for the park tickets are a big increase on the prices for tickets this year at the moment, and I can't see why they would make those higher than what Disney themselves would charge.
Don't think we are completely priced out, but will make my deciding how long to stay onsite a bit different I think. We were thinking three weeks with two onsite at Disney, but might drop that if the prices stay the same as ATD.

One thing I read last year when free dining was offered in April was that some resort prices actually went down whilst the free dining promotion was on (OKW, SSR, Beach club), so i'm also keeping my fingers crossed for that too.

Just wish Disney would hurry up and put prices on their website.
phi2012 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Beach Club, for 2 weeks in Oct/Nov went down about £500 last year.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The middle classes are being priced out of Disney unfortunately. Sad, but it has happened. The slippery slope started back in Eisner's time when management consultants recommended huge increase in park ticket prices. This led to a push the envelope on pricing mindset that prevailed ever since.
If a recession comes though, Disney is extremely economy sensitive (one reason they have converted hotel rooms to DVC, those DVC rooms are filled otherwise the points go into DVDs pot), so if the economy takes a tumble (which I cannot see for some time, love him or loathe him Trump seems to be doing great things with the economy), the prices will be slashed. But expect the opposite in times like these.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AlpacaPicnic View Post
I'm beginning to get nervous about next years prices now

Especially since I want to go in October next year... have no interest whatsoever in Star Wars land so maybe I'm better off going in june? Or even 2020... but then I have the birthday celebrations to contend with

It'll just be me, a Disney 'adult' at 10 years old (!) and a 7 year old and I've budgeted £6k for everything (except spends) don't mind where I stay but want the DDP. What are my chances?!

I've pretty much decided if I can't get it for that price I'm going to sack the whole thing off, take the kids to Haven and book myself onto a trip to the Galápagos Islands
2020 the prices will be even higher I imagine, unless there is that economic crash. Disney will likely announce the opening date of SWGE around spring 2019 (announce it, it won't open then). I would be surprised if it is any earlier than September, but there is an outside chance of July or August. When it is announced, a lot of people (who plan only a few months out) not to mention people who come on annual passes etc (many of which are blacked out in Summer) will put off going until October. I'd hate to think what Xmas 2019 will be like, but it will be so bad it may put many off going back to WDW for life.
You may get a good idea when the prices are released- Disney may know by then when they are likely to open it, if its September, you may see prices for October much higher, but maybe they are genuinely not sure and so will still offer decent deals in case it slips. I imagine 2020 is the year we could see the end of free dining, or at least top dollar room rates to secure it.
If you are not fussed about Star Wars, I would seriously consider a Spring 2019 trip- at the very least it will be much quieter than October 2019, even if there are no real quiet times any more.

Edited at 03:46 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Wow I was just looking on VH website. I cannot imagine them selling if they haven't got pricing from Disney can they? If we say the flights are 1k each for 20 July (when I am going this year), the room, based on a family of 4 travelling (and this is a standard studio at Boardwalk) is £615 a night, increase it by well over a grand if you want water view. £615 a night just for a standard room seems an incredible amount.
Old 23 Jan 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Wow I was just looking on VH website. I cannot imagine them selling if they haven't got pricing from Disney can they? If we say the flights are 1k each for 20 July (when I am going this year), the room, based on a family of 4 travelling (and this is a standard studio at Boardwalk) is £615 a night, increase it by well over a grand if you want water view. £615 a night just for a standard room seems an incredible amount.
I wonder in they are trying to take advantage of those that book straight away and don't wait to shop around?
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If you are not fussed about Star Wars, I would seriously consider a Spring 2019 trip- at the very least it will be much quieter than October 2019, even if there are no real quiet times any more.
This is exactly what were doing. Were looking at Feb, Apr or May. Funnily enough though, at the minute, October is cheaper than all 3 of those on VH.