Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

All fixed the electrician took photos and is doing a full report. He said no way did they check the cable like they said as it was a clear cut right through the earth at the back of the dishwasher so lucky really that it was only the electrics they damaged and not themselves!

Also cables are fine where they are they could be tacked more than they are but because they are at the back of cabinets that don't move they are totally safe.

Now to ring the company up and get an email address to send all my evidence too. I think its a real service failure on all levels and really hoping they deal with it that way.
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you're all sorted and safe. Good luck with pursuing the company.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

They are changing the dishwasher on Saturday and made a bacs payment for the cost of the electrician. Will see what Sat brings as I have asked them not to send the same men again.
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
They are changing the dishwasher on Saturday and made a bacs payment for the cost of the electrician. Will see what Sat brings as I have asked them not to send the same men again.
That is good! At least they didn't make it difficult to send the money.
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Problem is the guys they send out to fit appliances are usually clueless. I recently had a retired lady who had B&Q fit her kitchen and do the electrics, and what an absolute bodge the electrics were, and they were left unsafe. Even the light switches had no earths which is bad enough if they were plastic but these were metal, and the on switches were in the off position which is even basic DIY stuff and this was supposed to be have been done by a qualified electrician and the lady was issued with an electrical certificate. I took pictures and wrote her a report to pass onto B&Q.

A lot of my work is correcting bodges made by builders and DIYERs, so I guess it keeps me busy.

Disclaimer: Before I get moaned at I would like to clarify that not all builders and DIYERs bodge electrics (although most I come across do bodge).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

My dishwasher saga went to a new level this weekend, I noticed the other week that the flooring in our extension which runs at the back of the kitchen looked a little bubbled. In my head I just thought the kids must have spilt water on it and didn't think to much more about it.

The room is around 20 foot by 12 foot so its a good size floor that has thick foam wooden floor underlay (the green stuff) then the laminate on top.

It seems for the last 2.5 months my dishwasher waste must have been feeding the floor, as on Saturday all the water started to come up through the floor boards. Its like all the foam underneath has reached its maximum capacity and over flowed.

I couldn't for the life of my work out where all the water had come from (the kitchen is tiled) so we had to take the skirting board off the wall and lift the flooring by the door and then a river of water ran from under the kitchen tiles

Took off the kickboard from the kitchen units and its all flooded with the waste pipe from the dishwasher laying on the floor.

Honestly I cannot believe that paying a huge company to install one of their own dishwashers has caused such a nightmare!

Our old dishwasher was installed and lasted 10 years with no issues at all. Water damage excess on our insurance is huge, I never realised their was a different excess for water so now trying to decide how to dry the floors out.

Not sure how I feel about all the waste water under the tiles as insurance don't touch a tiled floor (as it will dry out in their words)
Old 27 May 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Our old dishwasher was installed and lasted 10 years with no issues at all. Water damage excess on our insurance is huge, I never realised their was a different excess for water so now trying to decide how to dry the floors out.

Typical excess for water damage/escape of water is £350 + any additional voluntary excess agreed at the start of the contract
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List