Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
thanks guys, we wont be doing Disney probably but if we do it will only be a day at AK.
i would also ike to hear how you get on with travelling etc.. I'm a sucker for travel sickness but hoping having a little en with me to keep my mind busy will help also.
food and snacks should keep him occupied for a while as he is a big foodie like his mum and dad, he loves to wtch cartoons already so hoping that will help a little too.

a lot of hopes and wishes going on here. good luck everyone
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

I'm flying in Sep and my little boy will be 14 months. I'm absolutely dreading it!x
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

We went in 2016 when my youngest was 16 months , the plane journey was fine and we went indirect via Canada, she slept through a lot of the flights but when she was awake she was quite happy just playing with her toys. We were lucky that from LHR to Canada there were some spare seats so we could put her on her own inbetween a couple of us but she wasn't keen on that after being on our comfy laps.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Hoolah
Trying for More Ears

We travelled when our daughter was 18 months and the flights were hard work to be honest... didn’t help we were delayed 4 hours going out and held up at checkin for over an hour coming back because of a computer glitch... we flew BA and had the bulk head seats which had a fold down bassinet thing. But she was a bit big for this and it was 9 hours of trying to settle her, napping for a few minutes then waking up and repeating the process. If we did it again I still wouldn’t book a separate seat though! Would rather save the money for something else.
Hoolah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
thanks for all the feedback, i think we are going to book for before his birthday as like you say the money goes to something else and the flight is such a small part of the trip. will be forgotten before we know it! we will be flying with either Thomas cook or virgin, we haven't decided yet. all depends on the price
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
STM79
Getting Excited

Mobile

I took a 23 month old in October. We timed it to return a couple of days before he turned 2 to save money. It randomly turned out that the seat next to us was free, but he preferred to be on our laps anyway. He was happy enough with books, small toys, games on a tablet and Peppa Pig on the TV. It was hard work keeping him entertained and he refused to nap, but having access to the unbooked seat didn't improve this. As already mentioned, it all depends on the size and personality of the child, and how tight your budget is.
STM79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Originally Posted by STM79 View Post
I took a 23 month old in October. We timed it to return a couple of days before he turned 2 to save money. It randomly turned out that the seat next to us was free, but he preferred to be on our laps anyway. He was happy enough with books, small toys, games on a tablet and Peppa Pig on the TV. It was hard work keeping him entertained and he refused to nap, but having access to the unbooked seat didn't improve this. As already mentioned, it all depends on the size and personality of the child, and how tight your budget is.
i would like to keep the cost as low as possible, it already costs so much money for a family of what they call 5 adults and a baby.

this is good to know though thank you
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have 4 boys, 2 girls with our youngest being 2 and we have never had an issue taking him to Florida. We didn’t pay for a seat on any of the trips but have done with the elder children at similar ages and it was pointless! Everyone else’s seat was much more fun than his own! Whatever he likes to watch loaded onto an iPad, plenty nibbles and a buggy with a decent sunshade. The rest is easy peasy!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

We went with an 18 month on lap in August.

It wasn't as easy on the flight out as it seems to be for a lot of people, she cried - a lot, and didn't want to stay still.

Had we booked her a seat it wouldn't have helped as she would have wanted to be on her mummy's knee anyway.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat; the flight is a means to an end, she was great when we got there and absolutely loved it.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
all these comments are making me feel so much better. keep em coming