Old 10 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just catching up. Really enjoying it so far!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great start
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Raglan Road

First of all thanks for everyone following along 😀

So our first dinner reservation was at Raglan Road. It was originally for 4:45 but I was able to modify it until 5.30pm to allow everyone to nap a bit longer to sort the jet lag out.

We arrived on time and at check in I requested a table in the main dining room. The last time we were here we were in a side room which is fine but I really wanted to see the show. We waited until around 6pm but it was worth it for the table we got as it was right in front of the stage.

The menu had quite a few choices here. We started with drinks. Husband went for a Guinness and I went for a strawberry field mimosa. This was lovely - not too sweet and quite strong. I would definitely get again!

The waitress brought us out some soda bread with guiness glaze. I liked the glaze but the bread wasn’t my favourite. We started with an appetiser ‘The Dalkey Duo’. This is sausages in batter with a mustard type sauce. It was a huge portion so we split it between the 4 of us. We all really enjoyed the sausages and I liked the dip too. We would definitely order this again.

For main I had the risotto with butternut squash and peas. It didn’t look the most appetising thing but it was really creamy and delicious. It also comes with mushrooms but I asked for it without as I’m not a fan and that was no problem.

My husband ordered ‘when cider met salmon’ which is Cider glazed salmon, arugula, peas, potatoes, fennel, preserved lemon. He enjoyed this as it was a nice change from all the heavier food we have eaten so far since being here.

The children shared chicken goujons and mac and cheese and there was no complaints there.

We didn’t get desserts as we were all stuffed! We stayed for the show which was fantastic. It was a mixture of an Irish folk type band and Irish dancing. At one point they invite children onto the stage which is really cute. I would recommend it here as it has a great atmosphere and is something a bit different entertainment wise too.

Our service here was really good also. They were attentive without rushing you. We all left full and entertained 😁👍🏼 Here is the bill to give people an idea of costings here.

Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Salmon and the risotto both look good, as you say you sometimes need that change of food option! 😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Enjoying following along

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Pizza looks great and amorettes looks really good too.We are doing the cake making masterclass there at the end of the month (me and ds15),really looking forward to it!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I think we like the same sweet options. That s’mores cookie, cupcake and the mickey cake from Amorette’s all look and sound divine!

Raglan Road looked great and not too pricey too.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great start.

I really like the art of Animation food court it’s certainly one of the better ones.

Your cake at Amorettes looked lovely. I tried to book the cake decorating class there to make our own but by the time I’d found out about it all the classes were full.
Old 11 Aug 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Raglan Road looks lovely
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Reading along.

I haven't booked my airport hotel yet (as we changed flights) but if I end up in the Premier Inn I don't think I will be eating there. I am curious to try Raglan Road, but not sure if it might be too loud for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List