Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Dec 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Careful with such facts or you will get a reply the size of an eassy from a Disney fan boy asking you to think or the poor corporations feelings lol 😂
It’s one heck of a lot of loot though isn’t it. I knock Disney for their greed but I do hand it to them they have had a great year with their films.

That reminds me I need a Grandchild to stay so we can go and see the Lion King

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It’s one heck of a lot of loot though isn’t it. I knock Disney for their greed but I do hand it to them they have had a great year with their films.

That reminds me I need a Grandchild to stay so we can go and see the Lion King
I think Lion King has finished, next up is Mulan for a live action (lets make more money) make over
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Back to the original point, nope I don’t think it’s acceptable. As for saying it could have been road conditions or driver sickness, I doubt it or the sign would have been hand written, not printed and pre-prepared. This incident obviously isn’t a one off and something Disney and their billions should address.
Years ago when I worked on the railways we weren't allowed hand written notices. HQ would send a word document that we printed on A4 paper and then put that into a scanner that upscaled it and printed on a poster sized sheet. Much neater, looked professional and took less than 5 minutes to produce.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Careful with such facts or you will get a reply the size of an eassy from a Disney fan boy asking you to think or the poor corporations feelings lol 😂
Fan person?

It's 2019 after all 😊😊😂
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Fan person?

It's 2019 after all 😊😊😂
fair point

Not even sure you can use the term "person" anymore...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

fair point

Not even sure you can use the term "person" anymore...
Haha youre probably right!

Time for a brew.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Seems the obvious solution to this, is to create Disney MDE Fast Pass. Front of Line access to the Magical Express for the bargain price of $30 a head off peak, £50 a head peak time. I mean they do their best to rinse the pockets of most tourists !
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Seems the obvious solution to this, is to create Disney MDE Fast Pass. Front of Line access to the Magical Express for the bargain price of $30 a head off peak, £50 a head peak time. I mean they do their best to rinse the pockets of most tourists !
already exists ... it's called the "Minnie Vans" ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
We had a very long wait for the Magical Express on our first trip a couple of weeks back, assumed that was usual but it didn’t make us any less peeved by it. Particularly after a very long travel day already.

Of course we could have paid for an Uber direct but why should we? I expect better service as we have already paid for it.
Yeah agreed - it narks me when a service provider says something is free or complimentary - you are paying for everything and should expect a level of service from it.
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

How on earth does having a prepaid hotel, prepaid transport, prepaid food, adequate insurance would worry an immigration officer ? That gives the officer more insurances than it does if you are saying you will DIY everything. They don't even ask you about this anyway, about all they do as is where you are staying. You are talking rubbish. Disney as a service provider have a responsibility to look after its guests. If they fail to do so, then you have your travel insurance to fall back on. There is no issue.

The default position of some people on here is only the wealthy should go to the USA, and its such a nonsense.

Everyone should consider carrying a credit card with a good limit to cover off gaps as travel insurance sometimes won't pay up front and you need to cover costs which you can reclaim. But if you get sick on holiday then you can pretty much reclaim all the costs - including taxis.

Such rubbish being said and I hope it doesn't put people off considering going.
I get asked about money by the immigration officer each time.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List