Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Dec 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am thinking of a single week in 2021 too, although was thinking if Universal not Disney. I have done five days in Disney before, although was part of a longer trip, but I would be happy to do a week just Disney.

The hotels that are walking distance to a park are good locations. Other than that I don’t know that there are only hotels that are particularly better than others for transport, they are all serviced.
I picked Pop Century last time due to the skyliner being an option on top of buses. In the end we didn't use it, we arrived just after it had problems so it was out of service for our stay. I did like the resort itself though, but then we also tend to spend a lot of time at Disney Springs in the evening, so perhaps one of the resorts with walking or boat access to there might be a good option, I'll have to do some more research (this makes me happy!).
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
it's going to be my dad's first ever time going without a car when we go in Feb in 25 years of visits! I cant' wait for him to relax and just not have to worry, he's not a big drinker but just for him to have a beer with dinner without worrying will be lovely.

we're going to use lyft this year to go out to the outlets and a quick trip to publix and cvs to do some stocking up!

the 60 days is also a game changer. i've got my 60 days day in the next week or so and i'm already trying to plan things out to fit with the reservations we've got, definitely gotta try and get FOP for us!

i'm sure that whatever length you decide to do, if you decide to stay onsite you'll be ok. we always of course want to stay longer but just to be able to get whatever time in that we can is great!
Up to now we wouldn't have considered not having a car, and if we were going for longer or planning trips off site we would still want one. It just seems silly to pay for it and not use it, plus I really don't like the thought of having to pay for parking at the resort. We would probably only need one trip offsite for shopping so can live without it. I think it will make a nice change.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BebeYorkshire View Post
We are not long since back from a 2 week trip, which was amazing. It was meant to be our last trip (I know, I know ), but RotR and Tron are calling to my OH and I'm not exactly complaining. We are looking at Sept 2021 for our return.

We can't do 2 weeks again, my cats were really unhappy with us being away that long. We have a good pet sitter but the cats are timid and they basically hid from her for the last week or so. For this reason, I'm looking at just doing 1 week. We don't get jetlagged at all, and can do a park the first night and will fly on a night flight on the last day too, to make the most of it.

We had 1 night at Pop Century and really enjoyed being on site this year, so we're thinking of staying in the bubble, maybe getting free dining and forgoing a hire car. Has anyone else done this? Is it still worthwhile? Does anyone have any tips or hints for booking if free dining is released, particular resorts that have the best transport links? That kind of thing would be great

Thanks!
I've done trips ranging from 3 nights on-site at Disney to 14 nights on-site at Disney. Most of my trips have been around 6-7 nights on-site at Disney, mostly at Pop! I never drive in the USA so I don't get a car, and I just rely on Disney transportation and the occasional Uber during my entire stay.

So my opinion is that 7 nights on-site sounds great and it's something I would definitely do.

In terms of transport links - it does depend on what you want to do and prioritise during your stay...

If you want to go to MK a lot, then the MK-area resorts would have the best links to MK (can walk from the Contemporary to MK and there is a rumoured walkway being built between the Grand Floridian and MK), however they are also all deluxes and consequently rather expensive.

If you want to go to Epcot and DHS a lot, then the resorts with the best links would be:
Boardwalk area resorts - mostly deluxes, but you can sometimes get a good deal at the Swan and Dolphin (not Disney owned but are considered "on-site" and also have access to many "on-site" perks).
CBR/AoA/Pop/Riviera, since these have Skyliner connecting them to Epcot and DHS.

If you want to go to Disney Springs, then you can walk from SSR to Disney Springs, and POR/POFQ also have a boat that connects them to Disney Springs.

Honestly, I really love Pop, and on my recent stay the Skyliner was operating and it was so easy and quick! Just 10 minutes between Pop and DHS and 20 minutes between Pop and Epcot, including the change at CBR!
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I've done trips ranging from 3 nights on-site at Disney to 14 nights on-site at Disney. Most of my trips have been around 6-7 nights on-site at Disney, mostly at Pop! I never drive in the USA so I don't get a car, and I just rely on Disney transportation and the occasional Uber during my entire stay.

So my opinion is that 7 nights on-site sounds great and it's something I would definitely do.

In terms of transport links - it does depend on what you want to do and prioritise during your stay...

If you want to go to MK a lot, then the MK-area resorts would have the best links to MK (can walk from the Contemporary to MK and there is a rumoured walkway being built between the Grand Floridian and MK), however they are also all deluxes and consequently rather expensive.

If you want to go to Epcot and DHS a lot, then the resorts with the best links would be:
Boardwalk area resorts - mostly deluxes, but you can sometimes get a good deal at the Swan and Dolphin (not Disney owned but are considered "on-site" and also have access to many "on-site" perks).
CBR/AoA/Pop/Riviera, since these have Skyliner connecting them to Epcot and DHS.

If you want to go to Disney Springs, then you can walk from SSR to Disney Springs, and POR/POFQ also have a boat that connects them to Disney Springs.

Honestly, I really love Pop, and on my recent stay the Skyliner was operating and it was so easy and quick! Just 10 minutes between Pop and DHS and 20 minutes between Pop and Epcot, including the change at CBR!
Thank you, this is really helpful.

Our favourite parks are HS and AK, so Pop worked really well for HS even without the skyliner, and wasn't too bad for AK. I do like the look of POFQ so will add that to the investigation list. Some of it will come down to price, and availability I guess.
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I haven’t done any kind of trip report yet but have a few thoughts.
We’re at Pop at the moment, flying back tomorrow. Tonight will be our 9th night here. We had tickets and the QSDP. We had 2 nights in a Little Mermaid room at AoA first.
The redesigned rooms at Pop are fantastic, they feel twice as big as a standard value room. We’ve enjoyed having the choice of eating at Pop or AoA.
The Skyliner has been an absolute game changer. We wouldn’t stay anywhere else. It is so much quicker than the buses. We’re in block 6 in the 70’s and have done hotel room to International Gateway in 25 minutes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Sue, that's really good to know. Pop is the only on site resort we have stayed in, so having a direct comparison to AoA is really good. We did like the room, it felt and looked a lot nicer than I expected. We were on the ground floor of block 6, I liked how close it was to the bus stops but didn't head towards the skyliner as it wasn't running. 25 minutes to Int Gateway is really good going!
Old 9 Dec 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We're doing two weeks next year but one onsite and only have Disney tickets for that week! It is my OH first time and Im confident we will get it all done! For me I would defo just go for a week... we will see what OH thinks once he has been haha
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Can you get a 5 day free dining package?
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by kaip View Post
Can you get a 5 day free dining package?
5 nights is usually the minimum for free dining.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

TBH i have gone for 8 nights twice (last two trips) and although i really enjoyed those days i now realize that i would not wish to do so again simply because of the cost!...Disney is soooo expensive now,flights are expensive and of course you are wasting 7 days of tickets for however many people in your party!..I would next time wait until i could make
14 days work...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List