Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Nov 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Yacht Club for a couple with free dining?

Looking at a week onsite next year for our honeymoon (end September) initially I had thought about either Swan or Dolphin but admit to my head being turned by Yacht and Beach club resorts!

With the free dining plan and park tix, yacht club is coming out at around 3100 for 2 people for a week. Now this is absolute upper end of our budget but I’m wondering if this is the best value for this resort? I’ve read that once free dining is finished the next offer might be a free night?

Can’t decide! Part f me is saying go for it- the location is ideal as we’ll prob spend most of our time at Epcot and HW studios (big Star Wars fans)
And it is a splurge for a special occasion... but It is super expensive.

Appreciate nobody can decide this except us lol but any input on similar dilemmas would be appreciated!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

At first I thought it seemed a bit pricey but having dug out my invoice from February we paid £2500 for five nights with tickets for two in that.

Whether you book YC or somewhere else, I would definitely book whilst free dining is on. I have compared the free nights to free dining many times and free dining has always made more sense, even for us travelling as a couple.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have just left last night , no way would I stay there ever again . I’m just firing off my email to them. This is the add on room to the captains deck ( the best suite apparently they have there!) that they moved us to . Now I’m not a picky person but I did not expect this for $300 plus per night .we have had better rooms at the premier inn For £29 The filth on the floor was unreal, mirror hanging off the wall ,lights didnt work, the drawer never shut despite maintenance coming to fix it. And guess what the reception was full everyday of people like me complaint but the staff have given up . I had management down to see it, didn’t care . I git a 1 night refund on day 1 but they didn’t sort the room out at all.
We went to the contemporary last night , the standards are what you expect from a deluxe and the service blew us away.

My complaint email is endless ! I sat in tears about this because we had saved so hard for this. Exceptionally poor hotel.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We love Y&BC and in our 8 stays there we've honestly never had a problem with a room, service, food or the resorts in general. We just keep going back. We've had a mix of garden and water views.
In September we were kept awake on several nights by firework testing for the new Epcot show as our room was at the Epcot end. Within a week of returning we'd been gifted a 1 night stay in any deluxe resort of our choosing as an apology.
You will enjoy the location which is fab!
(The free DDP offer ends in 2 days).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We have just left last night , no way would I stay there ever again . I’m just firing off my email to them. This is the add on room to the captains deck ( the best suite apparently they have there!) that they moved us to . Now I’m not a picky person but I did not expect this for $300 plus per night .we have had better rooms at the premier inn For £29 The filth on the floor was unreal, mirror hanging off the wall ,lights didnt work, the drawer never shut despite maintenance coming to fix it. And guess what the reception was full everyday of people like me complaint but the staff have given up . I had management down to see it, didn’t care . I git a 1 night refund on day 1 but they didn’t sort the room out at all.
We went to the contemporary last night , the standards are what you expect from a deluxe and the service blew us away.

My complaint email is endless ! I sat in tears about this because we had saved so hard for this. Exceptionally poor hotel.
Shocking that Mexy- indicates poor management. I have some trepidation now about my upcoming DVC stay- I chose it over my usual 'go to' Boardwalk which is exceptionally managed. Hoping the fact it's DVC means it is better. OP- the price of 3k including tickets, free food is decent value- Beach Club is usually v nice, albeit I only really know about the DVC side, Mexy though paints a worrying picture.
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Shocking that Mexy- indicates poor management. I have some trepidation now about my upcoming DVC stay- I chose it over my usual 'go to' Boardwalk which is exceptionally managed. Hoping the fact it's DVC means it is better. OP- the price of 3k including tickets, free food is decent value- Beach Club is usually v nice, albeit I only really know about the DVC side, Mexy though paints a worrying picture.
Mexy clearly has not had a good experience, but I think it is atypical. YC is 40th highest rated out of 460 on tripadvisor and has an average 4.5 out of 5. We went in February and had no issues, in fact I think it is the best Disney hotel we have been to. I have written a review on it which you could click through to if you desired.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You know me I have disney in my blood . I could work for them I’m such a Disney nut but this just took the biscuit . This is room 1111 . Google it , you would not believe they offer this as one of the best rooms . We noted every person at reception every day was complaint about something and so much misinformation about the resort . They even sent us to the resort shop which is yards from reception to get a new magic band as our wouldn’t open the room door . The resorts don’t sell magic bands ! The reception staff didn’t know this ! Poor poor poor management ! I don’t care if people don’t believe me but the pictures say a lot . I wasn’t being picky , you DO NOT expect this from a deluxe resort , end of . DX ddp excellent , other resorts service excellent .
We are at the poly in a few days so it will be interesting to compare . The boy deluxe I havent done is WL but even they bent over backwards for us when we went .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

I'd go for the Dolphin and maybe budget for a couple of big meals - possibly YCS and Flying Fish. Stayed at YC - very nice, but expensive compared to Swolphin, and I'm coming up to my sixth stay there. I think it's unbeatable for price/location/facilities.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Thanks everyone!

I think I’m gonna book YC to get free dining locked in.
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Just got back this morning from the Yacht club and absolutely loved it, our room (garden view - 4093) was on the 4th floor and had fab views of the wedding pavilion, bay and fire works, every member of staff we encountered were excellent, the room was plenty big enough for 4 and you can not beat the location, we even had a night a jellyrolls which was brilliant.

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List