Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I started to feel ill 3 weeks ago
I got home from work and was aching but thought it was because I’d been doing a lot of heavy lifting.
After a couple of hours I was shivering and feeling really rough I kept dosing myself up and carried on working for almost 2 weeks but also had a heavy cold and cough.
I started feeling a bit better last Sunday but by Monday evening I was starting with a cold again which I still have plus an awful cough and can’t hear properly.
Just fed up with feeling ill all the time and struggling in work.
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Started with a sore throat and ' lost voice' yesterday
Today throats like sandpaper and cough as well as streaming nose
I only work Tuesday,Wednesday & Thursdays , have rung work to advise that I won't be in tomorrow
I work with chest patients who are very vulnerable to infection so daren't pass anything on to them to make them unwell
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had the flu bug for a week, started to feel a little better, then developed a sinus infection. To say I’m feeling fed up is an understatement🥺
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
Started with a sore throat and ' lost voice' yesterday
Today throats like sandpaper and cough as well as streaming nose
I only work Tuesday,Wednesday & Thursdays , have rung work to advise that I won't be in tomorrow
I work with chest patients who are very vulnerable to infection so daren't pass anything on to them to make them unwell
I have no voice either and looks like its going to be gone for the next few days. I teach and we can't get substitute teachers which makes it even worse. I feel awful, no energy and guilty that the kids have no teacher
sue97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest missed school today because his chest is really bad. My husband has man flu and kindly passed it onto me. I am just starting with headache, scratchy throat and stinging nose. Great stuff !
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Get well soon everyone
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
I’ve had the flu bug for a week, started to feel a little better, then developed a sinus infection. To say I’m feeling fed up is an understatement🥺
I ended up at doctors yesterday have a sinus infection too and was given antibiotics which I know isn’t the norm nowadays. Fed up with the face and mouth ache! Feel your pain!
Old 14 Dec 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
How is everyone doing? Have you had to cancel anything nice or will you have to because of it?

I get up each morning thinking “good, it’s gone” but an hour later I realise it hasn’t. ☹️ DH has “the worst cold” he has ever had (not that he has had many) and feels really poorly. Paracetamol isn’t doing anything for him. On Thursday, we missed a celebratory meal for friends’ diamond wedding anniversary. We didn’t want to pass it on. Said friend has now got it.

Our group of ten were going out for our annual Christmas meal tomorrow but that is now reduced to six.

To say DH and I are fed up is a great understatement. But I am just holding on to the thought that at least we have time to get better for Christmas Day.

How are you all?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Still feeling rubbish, I've started today with a cough and sore throat

Is this an official known lurgy going round the uk if you know what I mean?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Missed both the kids xmas plays, and I’m still struggling!

Been on antibiotics this week and signed off work. Just want to feel better now.
Doctor said there’s some really nasty strains of it going round this year.
Hope everyone else is feeling better soon.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List