Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes, they like the income from the parking fee, but the real intention is for you not to bring or hire a car, and spend all your cash onsite, with everything being sold at massive margin.
It’s all about ever increasing the margin. More parties, more margin for park operation. Food massively increased in price, more margin. Reduce food quality, more margin. Reduce staffing on quieter days, longer queues, but lower operating costs and more margin. Cut performers, muppets etc, the same. And so on.
But they again seem extremely busy. It will take the US economy to nosedive before it changes.
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

The prices maybe going up but look what they added since my last visit in 2016
1) 2 rides in Pandora
2) 2 rides in Toy story land
3) 2 rides in Galaxy Edge

Then you got the Ratatouille and Mickey and Minnie Runaway mine train for next year and the GOTG and Tron coaster in 2021
Add in the new shows and restaurants added in that time
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Not at all... Disney magic is still there and service we have received everywhere has been fantastic.

Sorry to hear about your experience.
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
The prices maybe going up but look what they added since my last visit in 2016
1) 2 rides in Pandora
2) 2 rides in Toy story land
3) 2 rides in Galaxy Edge

Then you got the Ratatouille and Mickey and Minnie Runaway mine train for next year and the GOTG and Tron coaster in 2021
Add in the new shows and restaurants added in that time
They added nothing between 1995 and 2015 😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Having the extra ticketed event, Boo to You Halloween party starting in early August, speaks volumes about the greed of Disney.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Having the extra ticketed event, Boo to You Halloween party starting in early August, speaks volumes about the greed of Disney.
Theses extra tickets events Disney don’t hold a gun to your head and force you to go on them. All the other parks do it as well with extra ticketed events.
Also I didn’t visit from 1994 to 2007 so can’t say what was added to the parks between them but they added 1 waters park and Animal Kingdom but the best thing they added was the free dinning plan.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Food is a big part of any holiday I go on. I have to say, I started voting with my feet, once the quality of their food went down in a big way. Many moons ago, wherever you dined on wdw property, you knew what you were paying for. Not long after they started offering free dining, to me the quality greatly declined.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Food is a big part of any holiday I go on. I have to say, I started voting with my feet, once the quality of their food went down in a big way. Many moons ago, wherever you dined on wdw property, you knew what you were paying for. Not long after they started offering free dining, to me the quality greatly declined.
Well done, I couldn't have articulated it better. Disney food is 'safe'. Long gone are the days of very good food at a reasonable price.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
Theses extra tickets events Disney don’t hold a gun to your head and force you to go on them. All the other parks do it as well with extra ticketed events.
Also I didn’t visit from 1994 to 2007 so can’t say what was added to the parks between them but they added 1 waters park and Animal Kingdom but the best thing they added was the free dinning plan.
You are right, no one forces you to pay extra and go, but I remember the days when MK was open until at least 9pm every evening in the summer months to everyone with a day ticket. Do you think it’s ok to have a Halloween event early August?
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t think it has as much magic as it did. I waited 11 years to go back always looking at it etc and when we did it wasn’t how I remembered but my experience is probably different as it was comparing different things. As a teenage couple we saw it a lot different to 30yr olds with two young kids.

The reason we love it and the reason we would still go back despite some things declining with the increasing price is for the kids.
They like the magic and they talk about it most days. As long as we can do we will try and give them that magic that they feel even if us adults don’t really see the pixie dust anymore.
The looks on their faces more than make up for everything that bothers me about Disney
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List