Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
It’s definately been delivered to the wrong address accidentally, that’s been confirmed by Royal Mail, just hoping whoever signed for it hasn’t realised it wasn’t for them and will return it...nothing yet though
Now I’m not saying that it hasn’t been delivered to the wrong address, but how can the Royal Mail say FOR DEFINITE that is what’s happened ?
They must have phenomenal tracking systems.
And if their systems were that good , surely that same magic tracking system
A) should have bleeped at the point of delivery to tell the postie it was being delivered incorrectly
Or
B) should be able to tell you exactly what house it was delivered to

Sorry but sounds to me the Royal Mail have fobbed you off

It has been known posties have signed for stuff themselves - generally to avoid going the parcel back to the depot if no-one is in ( I know that you were in )
Maybe the postie signed it and fancied it for themselves ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

The thing I find odd is the unless it’s my usual postman, they always say the name of who the parcel is for. They never just tell me to sign for it. But, I agree, someone may have signed and gone out. This is one reason why I don’t like signing for other people’s parcels as we are not around a lot.
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Now I’m not saying that it hasn’t been delivered to the wrong address, but how can the Royal Mail say FOR DEFINITE that is what’s happened ?
They must have phenomenal tracking systems.
And if their systems were that good , surely that same magic tracking system
A) should have bleeped at the point of delivery to tell the postie it was being delivered incorrectly
Or
B) should be able to tell you exactly what house it was delivered to

Sorry but sounds to me the Royal Mail have fobbed you off

It has been known posties have signed for stuff themselves - generally to avoid going the parcel back to the depot if no-one is in ( I know that you were in )
Maybe the postie signed it and fancied it for themselves ?

That’s a point. If they know it’s gone to the wrong address, they must know which address it’s gone to
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I believe the machines they use for signatures also have a GPS chip and record the location as well. If royal mail have admitted its the wrong address then just order another one.

Also the advice if you receive a package in error is "If the intended recipient shows up at your door demanding the package, don’t give it to them. It’s not ethical for the shipping company to give them your address–and it might be a scammer. Only return the package to a confirmed representative of the shipping company."
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

This is the message I received from the online clothing store who had also contacted RM, confirming it had gone to the wrong address. The top still hasn’t been returned to me so we will see what happens in the next couple of days.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Maybe there waiting for you to go round and collect it as they may think you been given a card saying it’s at this address.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
We had a note that a parcel had been delivered 2 doors down (new neighbours)

Went to pick it up the son's were playing the FIFA game I'd ordered for my lad. 😂😂

Dad said he hadn't looked at parcel address.

They are very polite now 😊
😱dad said he hadn’t looked at the parcel address? Did he also not think he hadn’t ordered the game? I don’t get that at all.

I actually don’t take parcels in for neighbours. I don’t actually know a lot of them as lots of new people moved in but with experiences in the past I just don’t. There is a neighbour a few doors down who had a spate of loads of parcels and I was the only one in. We had clashed previously and I was a bit reluctant but I thought I would be decent. I used to tell the driver to put a note through but he wouldn’t come for his parcel - I was in with little ones so I wouldn’t take it round. Once it was a huge parcel right at my front door and he didn’t come for 3 days then he saw me leaving my mums as he was getting in his car he completely ignored me but sat at my gate as I walked up the path so I went in and shut the door and waited for him to knock 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I know it's a very busy time of year but lots on here are having parcel delivery issues. More than usual by the sound of it sadly.
Replicate that across society and there must be a big issue.

I have seen quite a few new Guys this last few weeks so I suspect they are seasonal workers only. That could be the issue I suppose.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
😱dad said he hadn’t looked at the parcel address? Did he also not think he hadn’t ordered the game? I don’t get that at all.
I wouldn’t be aware of everything Mrs 3 family ordered. Or maybe they did order it but theirs hadn’t arrived. By the reaction it sounds like the dad copped to an innocent mistake. I’d say he’s mortified now
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I am fed up! I ordered three items from Smyth's and they have put them in one big box which is too big for normal Hermes delivery so they are using a special delivery. That's as far as the information goes!
The parcel I took in for "her over the road" is still sitting in my hallway. None of my other neighbours will take anything in for her as she is rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. She's very silly this is a lovely friendly little road but I suppose there's always one isn't there?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List