Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Dec 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Booked second WDW solo trip for next year... Dining plan!

Sooooo ha ha, yep I have rebooked again for my second solo trip coming up September next year, staying at the Yacht Club.

I originally had the quick service plan, but for just £100 I have upgraded today to the dining plan.

Can anyone recommend any must do restaurants for solo travellers?

(I'm not wanting to do character dining by the way, so avoid these please)

Thanks

Old 9 Dec 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm a solo traveller and I just go to whatever restaurants I like the sound of. I don't define my holiday on the fact that I'm solo.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I would recommend Toledo at Gran Destino Tower at CSR.
Also the new one at Riviera Resort, Topolinos, looks good. Reservations now available.
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If I was going solo I’d be enjoying all the lounges personally. I like ‘small plates’ and would enjoy the more adult atmosphere.
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Shouldn’t dining plan come as standard with Yacht club, assuming you booked when free dining was offered?
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

Hotels:
I'd definitely do California Grill again, but obviously it's a 2 TS credit but worth it IMO.
Sanaa and Boma at AKL - worth a visit (moreso for sanaa than boma)
Grand Floridian Cafe is also worth a visit

In the parks:
Skipper canteen in Magic Kingdom was lovely, quite enjoyed it.
Sci-Fi dine in was great - had the BBQ platter, very tasty.
Garden Grill for breakfast at epcot - yes a character meal, but that breakfast is amazing!
Biergarten - great food (beer cheese soup and pretzel rolls are worth the credit as it is!) oompah band are good too!

DS:

Morimoto asia, went for lunch on last day (1 TS credit) and as i'd been unwell and missed a TS meal I had a spare TS credit to use on top of my TS credit for the meal so I went the whole hog and ordered the Peking Duck for two... for one lol, AMAZING!
Old 17 Dec 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I had a few days solo at the start of my last trip. I didn’t have park tickets for that bit of my holiday so that ruled out fifty percent of the options and I ended up mainly eating at various resort based QS as I spent my days resort hopping.

However, when I was planning and I did have a couple of TS booked at one point, I don’t think my being solo had much bearing on where I picked. Probably the only type of place I would not go to solo would be to a character meal, I think I would prefer company to that type of dining.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List