Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you both , honestly really helps.
We did talk about maybe a rescue dog a year or two down the line as I feel we could be a good home for a dog one day but then I think rescue dogs have their issues too and I may not be enough for them .
Maybe I’m destined to just be a cat lady ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When frenchies let rip they really could audition for a horror movie
Only one of ours has and he's grown out of it now and happy to be on his own
Much better to make the decision now being involved in an other breed rescue for years it be so much easier to rehome younger dogs
Also shows what a responceable breeder you picked taking the puppy back some don't
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
When frenchies let rip they really could audition for a horror movie
Only one of ours has and he's grown out of it now and happy to be on his own
Much better to make the decision now being involved in an other breed rescue for years it be so much easier to rehome younger dogs
Also shows what a responceable breeder you picked taking the puppy back some don't
Oh god never heard anything like it !
At one point he sounded like he was being tortured!
Yes they’ve been really good and really helpful, couldn’t have asked for better really so in that sense I’m happy he’s back and has the company of other dogs which is maybe what he needed for now
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Thank you both , honestly really helps.
We did talk about maybe a rescue dog a year or two down the line as I feel we could be a good home for a dog one day but then I think rescue dogs have their issues too and I may not be enough for them .
Maybe I’m destined to just be a cat lady ...
Even perhaps just a slightly older puppy there was a HUGE difference in Woody at 9 weeks (when we got him) and 12 weeks.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Even perhaps just a slightly older puppy there was a HUGE difference in Woody at 9 weeks (when we got him) and 12 weeks.
Yes that’s is a good idea.
She did say she could have Wilson indefinitely but we didn’t think that was fair on him and we probably would’ve had to pay kennel fees which we couldn’t afford indefinitely, sadly .
Hopefully we’re ready again one day !
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m sorry that things didn’t work out for you this time. We started off our doggy family with a lovely old lab rescue dog. She was so lovely to us and was very patient with us as new dog owners. We had her for 8 years and it was a perfect introduction to having dogs. Maybe an old rescue dog that needs lots of love and a cosy home would be good for you?
I have to admit that we have nearly sold the puppy we bred a few times over the last few months. If we hadn’t already had a few puppies she would have gone. I ended up sleeping in the annexe next door with my mum and dad for weeks as I just couldn’t handle her. Luckily my adult daughters battled through and looked after her and her mum or I don’t know what we’d have done. It certainly wasn’t fun. Now I’m on summer holidays I’ve taken over and we’re in a bit of a routine now which is helping. It’s just so time consuming, though, with any puppy and I can understand how hard it must have been for you, especially if Wilson wouldn’t settle. Enjoy the rest of the summer with your children and don’t feel bad. He’s back in a good place and no harm done xx
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to hear that it hasn’t worked about with Wilson. I think the only reason our pup has settled so well is due to our older dogs. She finds comfort from them and you can see she takes her lead from them. Our very first family dog we had when DS1 was 2 1/2. I had never had a dog before and it was a steep learning curve - sometimes I think puppies are worse than children! Be kind to yourself, have a lovely holiday French Quarter is a lovely resort.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
I’m sorry that things didn’t work out for you this time. We started off our doggy family with a lovely old lab rescue dog. She was so lovely to us and was very patient with us as new dog owners. We had her for 8 years and it was a perfect introduction to having dogs. Maybe an old rescue dog that needs lots of love and a cosy home would be good for you?
I have to admit that we have nearly sold the puppy we bred a few times over the last few months. If we hadn’t already had a few puppies she would have gone. I ended up sleeping in the annexe next door with my mum and dad for weeks as I just couldn’t handle her. Luckily my adult daughters battled through and looked after her and her mum or I don’t know what we’d have done. It certainly wasn’t fun. Now I’m on summer holidays I’ve taken over and we’re in a bit of a routine now which is helping. It’s just so time consuming, though, with any puppy and I can understand how hard it must have been for you, especially if Wilson wouldn’t settle. Enjoy the rest of the summer with your children and don’t feel bad. He’s back in a good place and no harm done xx
Thank you , it’s hard not to though, still crying today !
I could handle the early mornings and late nights but the not being able to get anything done and then the neighbours just really got to me .
I only left the house once
for just 15 minutes in the past 7 days and I could hear him down the street when I came back
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
Sorry to hear that it hasn’t worked about with Wilson. I think the only reason our pup has settled so well is due to our older dogs. She finds comfort from them and you can see she takes her lead from them. Our very first family dog we had when DS1 was 2 1/2. I had never had a dog before and it was a steep learning curve - sometimes I think puppies are worse than children! Be kind to yourself, have a lovely holiday French Quarter is a lovely resort.
Thank you , I was prepared for it to be really hard but the separation thing was another level !
I really feel ready for a dog and and so does the family so we may consider an older one like 6 months or something and a different breed! But this has shocked me so maybe we never will .
My oldest isn’t even talking to me .. would understand but he’s hardly around as at uni !
It was down to me all day every day until my dh came home
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ahh I'm sure the made the right decision for all of you. I enquired about rehoming Bill at a year and I'm so embarrassed to say that. The first year was just hideous. I was interviewed by the spaniel rescue and after I said goodbye to her I thought do you know what I can't let him go. Long and short I had absolutely no clue what owning a high energy working dog would entail. The kids weren't on board at all hardly helped and my son really didn't like him. They now idolise each other. I can honestly say I would never have a puppy again. I love Bill to bits and wouldn't be without him but it would be older rescue dog if I was to have another dog after him. You really have done the right thing x
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List