Notices

Old 13 Mar 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've just read that you tried to extend your holiday, the hotel wasn't much, but wow those flights must have been a real bargain.

Plus, I saw you mention about planning for next year and that Chris was not exactly over the moon...well at the weekend I said to Dave that the opening date of Galaxies Edge had been announced and unfortunately we would just miss it, so we'd have to go again next year. He rolled his eyes and grunted, I'm not sure if that's him giving in and agreeing or if there will have to be some discussion. I can't decide if he's conceded defeat or if he thought I was joking about next year and so he didn't think it warranted a proper response.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Maui
Trading Disney Pins

We'll be at Discovery Cove that day too! It's my birthday!
Disneyland Paris - Apr 15, May 17
Tokyo Disneyland & Shanghai Disneyland - on the bucket list
Maui is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
We're going the week before you. I've bought the Hash House a Go Go voucher for $29 for a $50 spend. I also went through TCB US site to get 2% cashback - every little helps . All thanks to reading dixonsontour for tips - thanks Stephanie Off to read your October trip report now.
Have an amazing time! That's fab, I ummed and ahhed about it but looking at the menu I'm not sure we would eat much of it so I haven't bought it. Cashback is great isn't it, I did the same for our HRH room too. Stephanie's trips are great, I've got so many hints and tips from her Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a great value holiday! I think that you sound very organised and on top of things, will look forward to reading how it all goes.
I still can't believe how much of a bargain I got ... and to think I wasn't going to book as I didn't tell Chris I'm always organised ... it makes me happy happy wife = happy life as I say to Chris Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've just read that you tried to extend your holiday, the hotel wasn't much, but wow those flights must have been a real bargain.

Plus, I saw you mention about planning for next year and that Chris was not exactly over the moon...well at the weekend I said to Dave that the opening date of Galaxies Edge had been announced and unfortunately we would just miss it, so we'd have to go again next year. He rolled his eyes and grunted, I'm not sure if that's him giving in and agreeing or if there will have to be some discussion. I can't decide if he's conceded defeat or if he thought I was joking about next year and so he didn't think it warranted a proper response.
I knew they were but I thought I'd try my luck anyway you know me!

I would definitely take that as a yes to get booking ... Chris point blank said no, 2021 I'll work on him don't worry. Bring it up again and see what Dave says, I honestly think he secretly loves it but doesn't want to let on to you! x

Originally Posted by Maui View Post
We'll be at Discovery Cove that day too! It's my birthday!
Oh I hope you have a lovely birthday. You'll probably see me stressed to bits as I have a fear of the kid's being near water I think it'll be an amazing day though xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ha ha, I wish he secretly loved it! I think we are fortunate to be able to do 2 holidays per year, so we do always do somewhere new to us in October half term, that's all the justification I need to book Orlando again!

Well I'm saying that with a lot of bravado that I don't really mean... you know what I mean.

Good luck with Chris xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ha ha, I wish he secretly loved it! I think we are fortunate to be able to do 2 holidays per year, so we do always do somewhere new to us in October half term, that's all the justification I need to book Orlando again!

Well I'm saying that with a lot of bravado that I don't really mean... you know what I mean.

Good luck with Chris xx
I like it! I might propose something like this to Chris once I'm qualified and in a job anything to get back to Orlando! x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

FP Day Friday ... Or is it?

So it's supposed to be FP day on Friday. I've seen a few posts on a FB group recently about those who have managed to book FP's before the 60 days! I kept trying but to no avail

Had a little play around this morning and managed to book our FP's! They might not be the best use of FP's especially as they're on the morning when it shouldn't be as busy. But my theory is that once we've done the FP's we can then use them 1 by 1 throughout the day to get on everything we want!

I'm also debating cancelling the BoG lunch ... I just don't know I think I may have to tell Chris just so I can get some input ... and ease my guilty conscience

I need to have a look and plan which rides to do in MK as I want to make sure we get everything we want to do and those we missed last time too, like it's a small world and Mickey's Philarmagic x
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So lucky being able to book them early! Great choices of FP too. I'd keep the lunch just now, you'll only regret it if you cancel and can't rebook.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Sounds like you've got everything planned! we are heading out on 4th May, so I need to get my pre trip report started. looking forward to reading the rest of the report
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
So lucky being able to book them early! Great choices of FP too. I'd keep the lunch just now, you'll only regret it if you cancel and can't rebook.
I've kept it for now. I've been trying to dig for info from Chris and I've told him it's for the highs and lows of the report He definitely wants to go back to Pecos Bills ... he said he enjoyed BoG lunch but it wasn't his favourite arrrgghhh xx

Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
Sounds like you've got everything planned! we are heading out on 4th May, so I need to get my pre trip report started. looking forward to reading the rest of the report
I feel so underplanned but I guess that's because I haven't got loads of ADR's and FP's like last time. Oh wow not long now then! You'll come back just before we go then won't you? What a shame. Drop me a link to your pre trip report when you've posted it! Thanks for reading xx
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Hi yes we were

If you can afford it definitely do it. This was originally just Universal as I upgraded our passes for free when we were there in November. Then Chris decided he wanted to do SeaWorld and Busch Gardens too so when the tickets were $199pp for Dolphin Swin at DC and 14 day access to SW, BG and Aquatica we couldn't resist!

I got carried away a few weeks ago and booked 1 day tickets to Disney but we've only spent around £1200 on the park tickets which I don't think is too bad considering everything we have planned. Probably could have done without Disney but I just couldn't resist!

If you have a strict budget stick to it. We have a budget of $2600 spending money, but I'm putting some aside just in case we go over. That's almost $300 per day, but we're only there for 9 nights so this should be ample.

Thanks for reading xx
We pressed the button! Just 9 nights this time (due to annual leave, that or nothing!) Well 10 including the flight I guess! Staying at The Grove. I blame the Dibb! ;-)