Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 18 Sep 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

MCO and Autism

Hi, I have an Autistic 10 year old.

We have flown only from Gatwick to Sanford previously which both have been great.

Has anyone experience please of MCO and Autism, specifically using the disability immigration queue?

Obviously we will be informing the airline (BA)
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't have experience of autism but have used the disability immigration que. It's to the right as you enter the hall and the longest we've had to wait is 10 mins with 2 groups in front of us.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We allays book special assistance at MCO. The assistants are great. They took us all the way to our hire car. We also used the disability queue with no issue coming back.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020

Edited at 10:13 AM.
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to jump in... Travelling in November as part of a large family group. My Cousin has autism and his mum is asking me about if the airports do anything. The disability queue, would it cover all of us, or just the boy and his immediate family? There is 8 of us in total so not sure if we would all get to go through?

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss_Inky View Post
Sorry to jump in... Travelling in November as part of a large family group. My Cousin has autism and his mum is asking me about if the airports do anything. The disability queue, would it cover all of us, or just the boy and his immediate family? There is 8 of us in total so not sure if we would all get to go through?
Thanks
It's usually only people living at the same address.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

That's great thank you, possibly not worth them going through alone, because they will only be held up at the other side waiting for us, will let them know though so they can decide.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Luke Jaywalker
slightly serious Dibber

Hi , I have been quite a few time and used the disability queue (two of my children are autistic ) but have never booked in advance ,how do I go about it please ?
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Luke Jaywalker View Post
Hi , I have been quite a few time and used the disability queue (two of my children are autistic ) but have never booked in advance ,how do I go about it please ?
If you ring your Airline and book special assistance at MCO. They will be waiting for as you get off. I always ask for a wheelchair for my son who is severely autistic as he gets frightened.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Luke Jaywalker
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
If you ring your Airline and book special assistance at MCO. They will be waiting for as you get off. I always ask for a wheelchair for my son who is severely autistic as he gets frightened.
Thank you, Do you have to pay for this service? If not do you tip the person who assists you at MCO
Old 23 Sep 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Battery Chicken
Proud to wear my Ears

My experience has not been great at MCO. We asked for help both directions. Nobody turned up for us on arrival and the aircraft crew were not interested they just hustled us off the plane and left us. Luckily there was special assistance for someone else so I asked them and they said the airline company didn't request anything. They were great though and helped us through to the rental car.

On return we did get help but the person was worse than useless. He took us to the main queue at security. My eldest son couldn't cope and went into a major meltdown at security. It was horrible.

Are we allowed to take ourselves to the disability queues? And if so are they easy to find and access?
Battery Chicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List