Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 16, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Paying in cash on board Disney Dream

Can somebody please talk me through this process.

I would like to pay in cash on board but I understand everything is charged via your room key. I haven't registered a cc to my account.

When on board do I need to pre load my account with dollars at Guest Services or do I get an allowance which needs paying before disembarking?

How are my room tips paid if say I pre load some funds? Does it come from those funds or do I just put dollars in the Envelopes?

Thanks everyone I'm a bit confused. First cruise n all
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

Following, i'd like to know the answer to this as well please
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I believe when you check in you say you want to pay in cash and then you can either prepay if you know you are going to spend a certain amount or you pay as you go along through the cruise. I think there is a limit they let you get to on the cruise before you get a note asking to pay but not 100% sure. I've not used it previously so not 100% sure.

With tips you can either prepay or pay cash. They put a leaflet in your room on the last day with the tips prepaid and then you decide what you want to do. If you are paying cash on the account you can either pay with that or just put cash in the envelopes (on last cruise I had to go and get removed from desk but that was really simple)
Old 5 Jun 16, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I've never paid cash on a cruise, but I do know the whole experience is "cashless". They won't actually take cash in a shop or a bar onboard, it's all charged to a room account.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
It's more or less as Sarah described.
When you do your online check in, you just tick the box for 'pay by cash'. This then sets a limit as to how much you can spend before DCL ask for some payment. You can go to guest services at any time to give cash towards your bill. The limit depends on how long the cruise is.
You can pay in ££ but you will lose some converting it, so if you've got dollars, much better to pay with those.

For tips, the paperwork you get in your room on the penultimate day will tell you the recommended and standard amount. You can just put dollars in as you wish along with the slip for that member of staff.

Even if you take a cc along with you and pay at guest services with it, you don't need to register it so to speak.
Old 6 Jun 16, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

Really helpful and easy to inderstand, thanks!
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 16, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Mobile

That's brilliant thanks guys

I was just thinking that I couldn't possibly start spending without a card linked or money pre loaded. Even with a limit of $300 that's a lot of trust with no cc to charge to.
Cheers x
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
That's brilliant thanks guys

I was just thinking that I couldn't possibly start spending without a card linked or money pre loaded. Even with a limit of $300 that's a lot of trust with no cc to charge to.
Cheers x
I believe they don't let you check out without having paid it off so as you leave the ship on your last day it will flag to the CMs that they need to send you back to reception to pay.
Old 6 Jun 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I believe they don't let you check out without having paid it off so as you leave the ship on your last day it will flag to the CMs that they need to send you back to reception to pay.
Yes, don't even think they'll let you leave without paying!
Old 6 Jun 16, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
They won't let you leave! Our credit card had expired and we had a note on our door, we went to the desk and paid it, but then when we got to demarcation something was flagged and I had to show the receipt to leave the boat.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread