Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

what to do once onboard

with this being me and my daughters 1st cruise what things should we do as soon as we get on-board , so we can make the most out of our 3 day cruise on the dream ,as knowing me i will miss out on so much , any thoughts on the matter on what i should do ,not worry to much about or just avoid ... will be grateful..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Get an early PAT, go for lunch and then pack your swimmers in your hand luggage and go for a swim before the pool gets busy.
You won't get the luggage until later so you need to carry on everythibg with you that you want on the first day.
Old 28 Jul 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

We were lucky enough to get an early PAT so we're onboard by 11:45am. We setup camp by the pool and while dh went to explore the lunch buffet, me and dd rode the Aquaduck before it got too busy. Shortly after dh joined us back by the pool and me and dd grabbed some pizza slices from the takeaway to eat by the pool.

Just after 1:30pm we went to see our room and have a shower. By about 3pm we were lucky enough to have our case turn up outside our room so we could unpack before sail away.

We loved every second and are saving hard for the next year as we've booked again for next May!
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

What is PAT?
Old 28 Jul 16, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
What is PAT?
Port arrival time.

Basically your boarding time as far as I remember!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You have to select a time you wish to arrive at the boating terminal for check in.

Read the sticky at the top of the forum page tells you all about it.
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by caj View Post
Port arrival time.

Basically your boarding time as far as I remember!
Port Arrival Time, not boarding time.
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

EAT! That's the main thing I seemed to do while on the Fantasy!

Make sure you do the "Treasure Hunt" games about the ship, great way to find your way around the ship. Loved doing the Muppet one (I was 31 at the time btw).

Go see the Theatre productions at night, they were pretty awesome! They usually have a couple of Films on the go as well.

As others have said enjoy the pool and Aqua Duck!

Each evening you will get a Daily Planner delivered to your stateroom which will detail what is happening the next day. READ IT once, Then go back with a notepad/Pencil/Highlighter and then mark down all the things you fancy doing. I went to a couple of Cooking Demo's from the ships chef's, there were Bingo on the go as well.

One of the Best activites from the trip was Sunrise Yoga on the deck around the pool as the sun came up. Helped the instructor was from Austria and sounded like Arnie! Also he was running late so the last 10mins of the class the music started played. Down Dogging to Jungle Book music will live long in the memory!

You wont be board! Just read the Daily Planner each night
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I would say

1. Don't try to do everything.
2. Don't get off in Nassau, enjoy and explore the ship more
3. Do MidShips Detective Agency (free)
4. Play crazy golf on top deck (free)
5. Watch the shows, especially Believe.
6. At dinner, order Shirley Temple drinks with extra cherries for your daughter (Sprite and cherries with some non alcoholic syrup basically)
7. Split your luggage if you have more than 1 bag. Put half your stuff in each so if only one case arrives before dinner, you've both got clothes.
8. Ride the Aquaduck together
9. Have some ice cream (free)
10. Depending on her age, go into the childrens club with her during Open House (first day then 1 hour on every other day)
11. Book a placeholder cruise (cruise with no confirmed date) while aboard to bag a 10% discount and onboard credit. You just need to take that cruise within 2 years of your booking date. You can always cancel with full refund so it's win win. Will cost you $250 deposit ok.

Most importantly, have fun, don't stress and be prepared for an addiction!

Joa
Old 29 Jul 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Wow! Bats, you sure know your stuff!

Thanks for all the great tips. I LOVE the sound of that Shirley Temple drink!

And Midship Detective Agency sounds cool too.

Someone mentioned a cooking demo? What other activities do they have like this?

The yoga sounds divine too.

I have selected the first sitting, what time is the first show on?

Also, we would love to go to Palo for lunch one day, so the kids will need to go to the kids club. Once they have their wristbands do I need to book a time slot for them?

I've never been overly keen on kids clubs as I guilty about leaving them but it seems the Disney Cruise kids clubs are a different ball game! Everyone seems to be hinting that the kids never want to leave them!

Our 9 yo son will LOVE all the techie stuff.