Notices

Old 23 Apr 15, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Here Now! first WDW family holiday - Day 11. Shopping and Villa

As planned, today was a slower day so not too much to report.

Got up at 7:30 and did yesterdays trip report. The others were up between 8 and 9. Had a lazy start getting ready and having breakfast. Headed to Premium Outlets on Vineland again as we had only been in a few shops the other day.

Before we started we went to the customer services desk and got the little VIP voucher booklet we had read about. I had printed off the voucher that let us collect this from somewhere on the Dibb but can't remember where (sorry). This offers various discounts off different stores for a one time use. Once you have used the discount the cashier scores it out and initials it so you can't use it again.

We started on the same leg we did the other day and went into Converse first where Hannah bought hidden heeled black converse $44.97 (these things probably have a proper name, I know), Kevin bought white trainers $29.97 and I bought classics $34.97. We used the discount booklet for another $15 off to make it $101.10 inc tax.

We went to Levi's next and I got another 2 pairs in the style I like which came to $85.18 inc tax.

We then went into Guess and I could've gone nuts in there! I got a black and white strappy bubble hem top $29.99, a coral patterned playsuit $49.99, a floral crepe dress half price in the sale $22.50, and a black playsuit half price in the sale $25.00. Total $135/77 inc tax.

Then into Calvin Klein. And again, there was a fair few things I liked! I got a pale pink sparkly sheer sweater the same shape as a CK one I bought in Vegas a couple of years ago $37.53, a brighter pink t-shirt top $21.33 and a black dress with white and cream trim that is just a gorgeous shape on for $75.33 so $142.91 in total inc tax.

We then went for a lunch stop at the food halls in the Centre. They have lots of different little food outlets around one big hall of tables and chairs so you can all choose different food if you like. Hannah had a tuna sub and Kieran had a meatball sub from Subway while Kevin and I shared a Bourbon Chicken and rice dish from the Japanese station. No food pics or receipts as it was all a bit crazy busy and we bumped into the Eastons right then so were comparing purchases.

We hit the Nike shop next where we bought 2 pairs for Hannah and a pair for Kieran total $170.36

Hannah found a shop called Papaya with lots of teenagey clothes and bought 3 tops $40.37.

Kevin bought some t-shirts from Ralph Lauren, and a shirt from Penguin which he was happy with, but 'you're not taking pictures of my clothes' so no pics of those. Grump.

By this time we were all shopped out and the kids had been good for a total of 5hrs by now. So we head home via the pool supplies shop (Pinch a Penny next to Publix on the 192) that they had been desperate to visit. Hannah had apparently seen some mermaid tail swimming aid thing on the internet and was convinced she could get it here as it was not in Walmart.

No mermaid tails. Kieran bought a big inflatable alligator $20, Hannah bought an inflatable ring $10, which the shop below up for them and we stuffed into the car.

While we were in there Kevin popped into Publix for some bits n pieces. He came out triumphant having found the red wine I love and usually buy from Waitrose at £12.99, for $11.99 and had bought me 3 bottles. Mmmmm Bonterra! Good boy – makes up for the grumpy no photographing clothes I suppose!

Home and we were all in the pool within 10 minutes. Well I wasn't. I was plopped on a sunbed with my kindle and a glass of Bonterra.

The Eastons arrived home and their kids dropped into ours to play in the pool for an hour before heading home for an early night.

Tomorrow we should be up and out to check into Hard Rock Hotel at 7am (all going to plan) for our overnight stay and 2 consecutive days of Front Of Line passes. I expect it to be pretty full on and don't see that I will have 2hrs spare tomorrow night to do a trip report so I may have to skip a day then double up. Be patient folks. We will be right back!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 15, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 23 Apr 15 2:55 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 15, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
What a perfect day. . . Shopping and alcohol lol
Loving the bargains, we got quite a lot when we went to vineland road and you've got to love the prices , I'd read on here too about the discount booklet so got that too. . . Every little helps as they say
We spent quite a bit in the nike shop, my daughter got some roshe trainers that were £90 here and she spent less than $60 dollars in there and she bought socks and something else too, we got bargains in converse too again such a big saving there to here and both myself and meg live in our converse so it was a must visit.
My favourite shop there though was Michael Kors. . , thought I'd died and gone to heaven lol.
Keep up the brilliant work with the trippies I love getting up in a morning and reading with my first if many coffees of the day.
Think I will definately do a trippie myself next year.
Have a wonderful tube at universal can't wait to read all about it as we havnt been to universal before . . . Enjoy xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 15, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Successful shopping trip, love the clothes from CK
Old 23 Apr 15, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Great shopping day

Can't wait to hear all about your Universal stay, we love it there x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 15, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

I love the shopping haul trippies. You done very well with your purchases all very lovely. Papaya is one of my fav shops I bought a bundle last time I visited. X
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 15, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

I love shopping in Florida, you bought one lovely things.

I hope our daughter is as patient when go shopping but then again she will have her two friends with her so hopefully she will be.

Hope you all have an amazing time at Hard Rock Hotel.
Old 23 Apr 15, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Splendid shopping day with plenty of bargains

mmmmmmmm love bourbon chicken :P
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 15, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great shopping haul

Enjoy the next couple of days and looking forward to reading about them

Joan
Old 23 Apr 15, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great day of shopping, we love the Premium Outlets on Vineland Road. DH and DS always come home with bags of stuff. I'm not as big a shopper as they are. Ending the day with some relaxing by the pool sounds like my kind of evening.

I'm looking forward to your update on HRH and FOLP. We're doing a night there in December so it'll be good to see live how it goes. Have fun at IOA and US.