Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Dec 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve got an annual pass. We fly and normally get a good deal by booking a long way ahead. I’d love to go by Eurostar instead but it’s so much more expensive
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I’ve got an annual pass. We fly and normally get a good deal by booking a long way ahead. I’d love to go by Eurostar instead but it’s so much more expensive
Depends. Can be £29 if you go via Gare du Nord. Not much more for changing at Lille.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We have had annual passes 3 times in the past and will get them again in the future. We drive ourselves. We use tesco club card vouchers for the Eurotunnel. We pay extra for the dog as can’t use vouchers for him. The tolls are about £40 ish. Plus fuel. It means we can take what we want in the way of cheap snacks and food and get to local supermarkets easily. Plenty of room to bring souvenirs home. Also means we can stay offsite much cheaper. The top AP gives you free parking and early EMH entry. Means we can take the dog too as the pet care centre is free with the infinity pass. A lot of French hotels are very dog friendly. We stayed over Xmas last year at Relais Spa and had a great time. Christmas Eve is great. Very quiet in the parks in the evening.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We have annual passes and have just come back from our fourth trip this year. We were bonkers and bought annual passes on the gate having never been in, and want to do all of the themed seasons they put on in the time before our passes expire.

We live in London and do not have a car and don't live an easy journey to the airport, so we always take the Eurostar. If you use Quidco, you can cash in your quidco earnings for Eurostar vouchers. (Trick of course being don't use Quidco to spend money you weren't going to spend already! But if you were already going to buy something, might as well check to see if you can get cash back.)

We also had one Eurostar journey delayed and received compensation (easily! they actually inform you if you qualify!) which paid for the tickets on this trip.

We've done three on-site and one off-site stay. The off-site was bare bones but it was £40 a night on a Hotels .com deal and we just needed somewhere to collapse at the end of the night anyway.
Staying on-site obviously much more expensive but convenient and the theming is a nice add-on (this was something the five year old missed at the bargain off-site place as it was literally plain white walls and white sheets). Sometimes I get a better price with my AP discount; sometimes hotels app is cheaper, so I have the list up on my screen when I call for the AP options and ask if they can beat that.

We mostly eat at Earl of Sandwich! I don't pack a lot of food but I do pack bagels and peanut butter sachets for breakfast and protein bars to have in my bag in case anyone gets hangry. If you have the luggage space, you could totally pack all your food. I pack too many clothes. But do always pack rain gear so you don't get caught out and end up buying that too.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyismybff View Post
We have annual passes and have just come back from our fourth trip this year. We were bonkers and bought annual passes on the gate having never been in, and want to do all of the themed seasons they put on in the time before our passes expire.

We live in London and do not have a car and don't live an easy journey to the airport, so we always take the Eurostar. If you use Quidco, you can cash in your quidco earnings for Eurostar vouchers. (Trick of course being don't use Quidco to spend money you weren't going to spend already! But if you were already going to buy something, might as well check to see if you can get cash back.)

We also had one Eurostar journey delayed and received compensation (easily! they actually inform you if you qualify!) which paid for the tickets on this trip.

We've done three on-site and one off-site stay. The off-site was bare bones but it was £40 a night on a Hotels .com deal and we just needed somewhere to collapse at the end of the night anyway.
Staying on-site obviously much more expensive but convenient and the theming is a nice add-on (this was something the five year old missed at the bargain off-site place as it was literally plain white walls and white sheets). Sometimes I get a better price with my AP discount; sometimes hotels app is cheaper, so I have the list up on my screen when I call for the AP options and ask if they can beat that.

We mostly eat at Earl of Sandwich! I don't pack a lot of food but I do pack bagels and peanut butter sachets for breakfast and protein bars to have in my bag in case anyone gets hangry. If you have the luggage space, you could totally pack all your food. I pack too many clothes. But do always pack rain gear so you don't get caught out and end up buying that too.
I think it makes sense if you are near the Eurostar. 4 times that’s amazing I love to get value out of things
Old 28 Dec 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Our view is if we want cheap we don’t do Disney, we have tried to save money staying off site etc and it loses something, so our view is pay more have a proper experience pay less and have a lesser experience. If we want a lesser experience we will go somewhere else which costs less.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

I was wondering this too and was thinking about booking off site and then buying AP but was wondering if we would miss being in the bubble onsite so then decided not to go at all. However after looking through all the countries different offers we have now booked and im pretty happy with the price we have paid. There will be 5 adults and 4 kids in total and it works out at under £360 each including 3 nights at the santa fe with standard half board and direct Eurostar at end of august. This was my limit and do not think a 3 night trip is worth more then that but I am pretty happy with the price.
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List