Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Of course, 261/2004 is very clear- a cancellation is a cancellation. If they put you on another flight, it’s still a cancellation.

Full refund due in 7 days if then requested- no ifs, no buts. If not received and doesn’t appear to be coming or you are ignored, just move straight onto a chargeback.
How can you tell if your flight was cancelled ?All I have is an informed schedule change on the 7th of September original flight number was VS74 and new one is VS76 .

Also does it mean I am able to cancel flights both ways if the flight was cancelled... Thanks in advance 😀
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just to let everyone know that I’ve just phoned Virgin and was able to cancel my flights (20/08 return 04/09) with a full refund. My flight had been moved from Gatwick to Heathrow and the woman I spoke to asked if I wanted to cancel because of the change in airports. When I said yes she said that was fine and said I could have a full refund. I was expecting to have to haggle her away from offering a voucher but she just gave me the refund straight away without even asking if I wanted to change my booking or have a voucher. Quite surprised at how easy it was!
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Just to let everyone know that I’ve just phoned Virgin and was able to cancel my flights (20/08 return 04/09) with a full refund. My flight had been moved from Gatwick to Heathrow and the woman I spoke to asked if I wanted to cancel because of the change in airports. When I said yes she said that was fine and said I could have a full refund. I was expecting to have to haggle her away from offering a voucher but she just gave me the refund straight away without even asking if I wanted to change my booking or have a voucher. Quite surprised at how easy it was!
Was this just flights or a whole holiday please?

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We had this aswell. Altho virgin have said we can have the refund obviously via the agent we used and agent has said no. So obviously I'm fighting this.

Well done, one step closer to your refund
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hjanea46 View Post
Was this just flights or a whole holiday please?
Just the flights. I booked everything separately
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magical_Unicorn View Post
We had this aswell. Altho virgin have said we can have the refund obviously via the agent we used and agent has said no. So obviously I'm fighting this.

Well done, one step closer to your refund
That’s not fair for you. I booked direct with Virgin so no middle man luckily. Just going to have to wait for months to physically get the money. I was more concerned about not being allowed to cancel and get a full refund, though, so I’m quite happy to wait. I’m not planning on booking anything else for a while. Hope you get sorted soon 🤞🏻
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cully035
New Poster (3)

Mobile

Were both of your flights changed?
only my return flight has been changed but I would like to cancel both ways?
Cully035 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Glad you have got it sorted. We are booked to fly with Virgin via Netflights. Who at the moment are saying the opposite when I asked if we would now be entitled to a refund as our flights have been cancelled and we have been moved to a new airport / flight number.

This is their reply...

As a change of Airport is within same city they usually class this as a minor change and as flights are still operating the airline are not offering refunds at the moment, but are offering to move your flights to a future travel date. They are waiving the change fee but if there was additional fare and tax you would be expected to pay.

Me... But the flight has been cancelled, under EU law we should be entitled to a refund even if they have rescheduled us onto a different flight

Netflights.. A flight number can be changed if the Airline makes a schedule or operational change. There is a difference between a cancelled flight and a schedule change. The flight is live and is still operating at the moment, even if there has been a schedule change.

They have however said they will look into it again tomorrow. Have a feeling I'm going to be screwed over by them.😡
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
Glad you have got it sorted. We are booked to fly with Virgin via Netflights. Who at the moment are saying the opposite when I asked if we would now be entitled to a refund as our flights have been cancelled and we have been moved to a new airport / flight number.

This is their reply...

As a change of Airport is within same city they usually class this as a minor change and as flights are still operating the airline are not offering refunds at the moment, but are offering to move your flights to a future travel date. They are waiving the change fee but if there was additional fare and tax you would be expected to pay.

Me... But the flight has been cancelled, under EU law we should be entitled to a refund even if they have rescheduled us onto a different flight

Netflights.. A flight number can be changed if the Airline makes a schedule or operational change. There is a difference between a cancelled flight and a schedule change. The flight is live and is still operating at the moment, even if there has been a schedule change.

They have however said they will look into it again tomorrow. Have a feeling I'm going to be screwed over by them.😡
That’s not good. The woman I spoke to at Virgin didn’t say anything about minor changes or anything, just cancelled it and refunded immediately. Might be worth telling Netflights what Virgin are actually saying to their customers who’ve booked direct 🙄
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cully035 View Post
Were both of your flights changed?
only my return flight has been changed but I would like to cancel both ways?
Both of my flights were changed. I’m glad I phoned as I was worrying about the amount of money I might lose. Definitely worth phoning them and asking.