Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Interesting Netflights also seem to be saying (?) Virgin have been the slowest airline to refund (if we could see more I think that is what they are saying). They obviously havent been dealing with Air Canada who still refuse to refund at all!
Thats exactly what they are saying!
Old 8 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
The Virgin atlantic T&Cs quote 3 hours as the limit before cancellation
flywith.virginatlantic/gb/en/prepare-to-fly/conditions-of-carriage/article-21.html
The issue is not the time, it is that they have cancelled one of the flights. There were two flights, now there is one
Old 8 Jun 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Well folks I contacted Netflights via Twitter last night and got this response

HI Allan, I'm not sure what you have read online but I can assure that we are abiding by any policy issued by an airline. If a flight has been cancelled by the airline then you are entitled to a refund as per the airline's refund policy, which we abide to!
One of the problems you have probably read about is that Virgin have been extremely slow when it comes to issuing refunds, this is not us.
As a flight ticketing agent for the airline, it is the airline’s is responsible for issue refunds to us so we can pass the money back.
We are contacting customers in departure date order, and as you're not due to travel until September, we have not yet been in contact as the situation is changing every day and information given today might have changed by next month and we need to prioritise customer departing in June and July. We will ask our team to contact you. Thanks

And then 4 hours later got this e-mail from Netflights with the updated flight info

I have been passed your booking due to the schedule change that has taken place on your return journey. The flight that you were originally booked onto on the VS74 has been cancelled and replaced with the VS76. This flight departs at 1720 and arrives back into Manchester at 0625

As per out T’s&C’s this is considered a minor schedule change as it is less than 4 hours. Virgin Atlantic have also reissued your tickets from their side as well. So your booking will be updated to match the new timings.

If you have any questions feel free to email myself back

Many thanks

Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up! Needless to say a Direst Message via Twitter and a stern e-mail has been sent back
Will keep you updated
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post

HI Allan, I'm not sure what you have read online but I can assure that we are abiding by any policy issued by an airline. If a flight has been cancelled by the airline then you are entitled to a refund as per the airline's refund policy, which we abide to!
One of the problems you have probably read about is that Virgin have been extremely slow when it comes to issuing refunds, this is not us.
As a flight ticketing agent for the airline, it is the airline’s is responsible for issue refunds to us so we can pass the money back.
We are contacting customers in departure date order, and as you're not due to travel until September, we have not yet been in contact as the situation is changing every day and information given today might have changed by next month and we need to prioritise customer departing in June and July. We will ask our team to contact you. Thanks

And then 4 hours later got this e-mail from Netflights with the updated flight info

I have been passed your booking due to the schedule change that has taken place on your return journey. The flight that you were originally booked onto on the VS74 has been cancelled and replaced with the VS76. This flight departs at 1720 and arrives back into Manchester at 0625

As per out T’s&C’s this is considered a minor schedule change as it is less than 4 hours. Virgin Atlantic have also reissued your tickets from their side as well. So your booking will be updated to match the new timings.

Many thanks

Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up! Needless to say a Direst Message via Twitter and a stern e-mail has been sent back
Will keep you updated
Thanks for the update...I really arent sure where we stand tbh we have heard nothing from virgin on the whatsapp line. I understand that it is only a minor move in my case of 40 mins but it is definitely a cancelled flight like yours.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mouse 83
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Many thanks

Will keep you updated
We are in exactly the same boat, in fact we had an email from them today that was identical to your second email aside from the flight numbers so they're obviously just copying and pasting and trying to fob us off. No way we're having it, we've sent a very stern reply too and quoted the law/our rights etc. Delta have said we are definitely entitled to a refund due to the cancellation. They absolutely cannot get away with breaking the law, surely. We will try a chargeback if all else fails.
Minnie Mouse 83 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Can anybody confirm if you are entitled to a refund on flights both directions if only one flight has been cancelled?
Thanks in advance
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mouse 83
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Can anybody confirm if you are entitled to a refund on flights both directions if only one flight has been cancelled?
Thanks in advance
Yes we were advised by Delta that the refund would be for both flights even though it was just the return one of ours that was cancelled This is also confirmed on the CAA website.

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Minnie Mouse 83 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks for the update...I really arent sure where we stand tbh we have heard nothing from virgin on the whatsapp line. I understand that it is only a minor move in my case of 40 mins but it is definitely a cancelled flight like yours.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Likewise. Everything I have read says we are entitled to a full refund, especially the CAA website. Have sent a DM via Twitter to Virgin Atlantic to get a definitive confirmation from Virgin about the cancellation and once received will tackle Netflights accordingly
Old 9 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie Mouse 83 View Post
Yes we were advised by Delta that the refund would be for both flights even though it was just the return one of ours that was cancelled This is also confirmed on the CAA website.
Likewise. Everything I have read says we are entitled to a full refund, especially the CAA website. Have sent a DM via Twitter to Virgin Atlantic to get a definitive confirmation from Virgin about the cancellation and once received will tackle Netflights accordingly
Thanks both of you much appreciated
Old 9 Jun 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jamc
First POST

Good morning ,My Virgin Flight from Orlando to Atlanta has had a time change with a message to say we are unlikely to make the connecting flight home from Atlanta to Manchester! We received no email about just noticed it on my manage your booking ,Surely this would entitle us to cancel as after a two hour phone conversation no alternative time or date could be found ?My advice for anyone needing to speak to virgin is choose the option of making a new booking as though you are a new customer rather than making an amendment, it still takes a while to get through but but it appears they find time for new booking but not to help those who have already booked !
jamc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List