Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
we have half term Feb booked not optimistic, already not happy about the costs of a PRC travel cert putting another £300 on holidays at the moment if we go away over xmas
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

I’m thinking of chancing my arm with an April booking with Virgin.

Does anyone know the procedure if they cancel the flight (presumably because UK citizens are still not being admitted to the US by then)? Do they offer a full refund or are you obliged to take a credit and rebook?
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
I’m thinking of chancing my arm with an April booking with Virgin.

Does anyone know the procedure if they cancel the flight (presumably because UK citizens are still not being admitted to the US by then)? Do they offer a full refund or are you obliged to take a credit and rebook?
Isn't the legal position is you can insist on a refund if they cancel the flight, but if you take a compromise, then that effectively becomes a new deal and you give up your right to insist on a refund... I think !
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Fair enough - I can live with that.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re booked for 22nd April and my days are up and down, whether we’re going or not.
What are your thoughts now this other vaccine is being rolled out? More likely we’ll get to go April time?
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Hevfev View Post
We’re booked for 22nd April and my days are up and down, whether we’re going or not.
What are your thoughts now this other vaccine is being rolled out? More likely we’ll get to go April time?
I’d say absolutely no chance. Wish it would change but you got to be realistic, just look at the USA and the state they are in with infections. Why would you wish to go when Disney isn’t back to normal yet you still have to pay “normal” prices and wear a mask!
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I am just leaving my booking for April. I know its more than likely to be cancelled but I cant bring myself to change it yet. America has to open at some point.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ocean Florida contacted me middle December, basically saying whilst hol may still take place ( April this year) giving me option to change anytime up to end 2022.

I decided today to move to November this year. Third time lucky I hope. One positive ( as long as it takes place) the holiday is £800 cheaper for 2 days longer!
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

The nearer it gets the more I think our April flights are going to be cancelled. With the best will in the world I can't see both the UK and the US having Coronavirus sorted out in three months.

I'm thinking of rebooking the flights for late August. The only problem is we got a cracking deal on UC seats for April, but they are more than twice the price in August which I would not normally pay. Does anyone know if you rebook a UC ticket to Premium Economy if they still offer you the discounts? If they don't I may as well wait for the April flights to be cancelled, get my money back and start again with a fresh booking.
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I think you'll be OK to fly for August although masks still might be worn then.

Does anyone know re BA, if my flights are cancelled will they just refund me? Or will they just issue a voucher? I am basically holding off amending until the very last minute.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List