Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are due to go 23rd August and my feeing towards going changes every hour 🙈

We have flights, villa, car hire, tickets, travel insurance and booked park days, in the bag.

With having it booked for a while we didn’t think we were going so didn’t even think to save for spends 🥴 - so we a scraping everything we can together for spends in August.

I’m dreading the cost of the tests that I think will be needed at both ends! Fingers crossed kids won’t need them but...
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hevfev View Post
We are due to go 23rd August and my feeing towards going changes every hour 🙈

We have flights, villa, car hire, tickets, travel insurance and booked park days, in the bag.

With having it booked for a while we didn’t think we were going so didn’t even think to save for spends 🥴 - so we a scraping everything we can together for spends in August.

I’m dreading the cost of the tests that I think will be needed at both ends! Fingers crossed kids won’t need them but...
Yes we’ve now started allocating money to a ‘COVID testing fund’. This will likely be at the cost of the ‘extras’ like airport lounges/ volcano bay cabanas/ meals at Disney restaurants etc. Worth it though if it comes off! Will just be extremely grateful to get there at the minute.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Oooh! What’s the DVC show and where can I find it? 😍
Go on DVC Fan on YouTube. The latest Kaffee Tawk episode. They have a furloughed cast member on the team now who says not only have furloughed friends being called up but they are moving onto laid off people now.
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Yes we’ve now started allocating money to a ‘COVID testing fund’. This will likely be at the cost of the ‘extras’ like airport lounges/ volcano bay cabanas/ meals at Disney restaurants etc. Worth it though if it comes off! Will just be extremely grateful to get there at the minute.

I forgot that I need to book restaurants! This has changed though hasn’t it? From 180 days out, to 60?
I think I’ll make a little pot for tests as well - from what I’ve heard, it’s not going to be cheap.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Us! Just booked tickets and DC today🐬🐬❤
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Fingers crossed everyone🤞🏼
We have 17-31st August booked, including 4 nights in Florida keys at the end.Orlando part all booked as a BA package, not too bothered about Disney parks this time around, but will be doing Universal and Aquatica/Sea world and Busch gardens.
I have also booked a backup two weeks in Spain for the middle of August in case USA is on Quarantine list... this will give us sufficient time to home quarantine before returning to school.If hotel quarantine in place then we won’t be going on either trip😔
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

You guys are making me feel super positive this morning. I really need to make a decision by June 23rd. If it was just me and the plane was flying I would be there in a flash but I need to keep in mind the experience for the kids aged 5, 8 and 11. We have been before and the lack of meet and greets fireworks etc we can live without but masks in the heat of the Florida sun may just make it too uncomfortable for my lot. Lots to think about still.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve got my flights/car hire and two lots of accommodation booked.

I’m yet to get:
* Airport hotel and parking
* 3 nights worth of accommodation towards the end of my holiday.
* Park tickets.

My flights and car is a package with BA.
My accommodation are 100% refundable.

Im just waiting to see what happens and staying positive.
Old 8 Apr 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We are 11th August and I’ve had BA flydrive (flight + car) booked since October.

The balance isn’t due until July and BA have been great with the previous covid cancellations we’ve had.

Also booked:

-Disney hotel + tickets package (balance due June)
-Second Disney hotel for a few extra days
-Universal hotels x 2
-Park reservation passes at Disney for each day
-Ordered new FairFX currency cards because they’ve been on at us to replace our old ones which aren’t valid anymore. They arrived today

Last week we booked the cats into the cattery (since the pandemic we now have four instead of two...think during the most recent lockdown I forgot that we like going on holiday and that would eventually be a thing again. Didn’t consider the price of putting four of them in for three weeks . Will each be selling kidneys before the trip I think 🤣.) Still the cattery owner is of course struggling after the last year so she was very happy to get our booking.

We also sorted the Staysure annual policy with covid cover last week as our Insure and Go policy has just expired.

I booked our pre-travel night Heathrow hotel with Avios points last week and while those bookings have been non-refundable in the past, we got the points back pretty easily when our last bookings couldn’t happen due to the pandemic. Again very good service from BA.

Also reminding myself that I have to get into my shorts in a few months after wearing sports leggings for a year, so have upped the exercise and started being a bit more careful about what I’m putting in my mouth in anticipation of the holiday.

Still to book:

-Universal tickets (waiting a bit longer because it’s a big chunk to pay out, I usually buy them about a month before)
-Heathrow parking which we’ll probably do soon
-Estas

I’ve forgotten how to go on holiday so I’m sure there are other things I’m forgetting. But I did start writing my pre-trip report last week (won’t post it yet) so that’s how confident I feel about the trip going ahead .

I’d say I’m about 90% confident that we’re going at the moment as I just feel things are on the right track at both ends and the travel industry are clearly very keen to get things moving. I’m also hopeful that DH and I (early 40s) will just be fully vaccinated by the time we go (although obviously that won’t be a pre-requisite for travel.) We’re happy to go with testing being a requirement and don’t think that quarantine will be needed with the US and UK doing so well on vaccinations by then. Also hoping that masks will only be required indoors by August but it won’t stop us going if we have to wear them all the time.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just bought my tickets today. DVC has an offer on - 2 days for free and we are only there 5 days so bought the minimum 4 and £100 a ticket cheaper than a U.K. ticket which we would not fully use, so perfect for us this time. I was going to get an annual pass but even though we are going at Xmas I would not save any money over tickets.

Anyway, reason I mention this is he said to me get your parks reserved as the reservations are really picking up.

Have no idea if correct but I can’t see why he would give false information out.

Edited at 05:45 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List