Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

I spoke to Virgin last week and the person I spoke to said a few people seem to be entering trouble free via Jamaica.

The process sounded fairly straightforward.

We ended up booking some one-way flights to Barbados (simply because they had a few reward seats available) so if our early August flight isn’t going ahead, we’ll be going via Barbados at the end of July.

Bear in mind the cost of getting across from the Caribbean. The flights from Jamaica looked reasonably priced and ‘direct’, whereas I don’t think our journey from Barbados will be either! I don’t want to book any connecting flights at the moment as I want the booking to be cancellable should our Florida flights go ahead.

Good luck OP!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
I’m in the USA now after spending 15 days in Mexico but was to visit family in USA not holiday.

Mexico was the cheapest and easiest way for me. You need to have spent 14 clear days outside UK so not counting arrival or leaving day. No test needed to enter Mexico and lateral flow test to enter USA including having ESTA and proof of return flight out of USA.

No quarantine needed in USA as vaccinated and at the moment 10 days home quarantine on return to UK.

For me it was a no brainer, and if you are able to do the 15 days then it is possible. Lots of people on my flight doing it but mostly for family or work.
Ahh, glad you have been able to do it!
Did you book it separately or as a package?
We won’t be holidaying there so want it as cheap as possible.
Thanks for the info.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
I spoke to Virgin last week and the person I spoke to said a few people seem to be entering trouble free via Jamaica.

The process sounded fairly straightforward.

We ended up booking some one-way flights to Barbados (simply because they had a few reward seats available) so if our early August flight isn’t going ahead, we’ll be going via Barbados at the end of July.

Bear in mind the cost of getting across from the Caribbean. The flights from Jamaica looked reasonably priced and ‘direct’, whereas I don’t think our journey from Barbados will be either! I don’t want to book any connecting flights at the moment as I want the booking to be cancellable should our Florida flights go ahead.

Good luck OP!
Another one to research then.
Thank you 😊
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hevfev View Post
Ahh, glad you have been able to do it!
Did you book it separately or as a package?
We won’t be holidaying there so want it as cheap as possible.
Thanks for the info.
I booked a BA flight London to Cancun and then Denver to London under multi city and booked a separate Cancun to Denver flight separate. It was what suited me and I was travelling alone so booked accommodation separately too.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Just a thought if you are wanting to be in Orlando check which places have direct flights to Orlando as connecting flights can be a pain.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The first 2 weeks wouldn’t be a holiday - My partner would be working.
In the case of going to Mexico, does your partner have a US/Canadian or Mexican residency or citizenship?

If not they won't be working for the first two weeks, that is illegal. You can only work in Mexico if you have NAFTA residency or a work visa (and like all other countries that includes working for a different country in their borders)

Whilst you partners employer will let than work "not if the office" if you told the border agent what you planned they would have your partner on the next flight back to the UK
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
In the case of going to Mexico, does your partner have a US/Canadian or Mexican residency or citizenship?

If not they won't be working for the first two weeks, that is illegal. You can only work in Mexico if you have NAFTA residency or a work visa (and like all other countries that includes working for a different country in their borders)

Whilst you partners employer will let than work "not if the office" if you told the border agent what you planned they would have your partner on the next flight back to the UK
All he needs is internet. He works from home - he is a pentester (hacker) so don’t see why that would be a problem.
Old 21 Jun 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Whichever way you come in, remember you must have a negative covid test 3 days before. Just be prepared to extend wherever you are staying if you do test positive as the airlines must have proof of a negative test before they will let you board to the US.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
oceanscape
Trying for More Ears

Mexico City is a great choice. We are in Cabo (1hr30 internal flight from Mexico City) right now. Most people on our London to Mexico flight said they were doing 14 days to get into USA for holidays or to see family. ZERO entry requirements for Mexico, don’t even need a test! And it’s beautiful and safe with low case numbers, high vaccination rate and excellent covid protocols. Go for it! Sick and tired of being locked up in the UK when the rest of the world is out there travelling again. We have been fully vaccinated for months, so very fortunate. The flight attendants on the BA flight were so genuine when thanking everyone for travelling again, for some it was their first flight after 14 months of furlough! The industry is being destroyed.

Edited at 07:06 PM.
oceanscape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All he needs is internet. He works from home - he is a pentester (hacker) so don’t see why that would be a problem.
If he is working in a country that he isn't a resident of he needs more than internet he needs a work visa.

No getting around that, unless you lie and commit a crime by working in a country without the lawful ability to do so

- updated on later post as this isn't completely true I have discovered

Edited at 07:24 PM.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List