Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

We’re in the same boat…flight was the 25th sept and been waiting for the last week for the cancellation confirmation, knowing that the flights has already been pulled.
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
Same.

The other issue I have is that I bought the flights on a Virgin Atlantic credit card for the miles but they refuse to refund the money back to my account so I'll have Ł3000 sat on a paid off credit card which will annoy me.
Hope this link helps it is a link to the Virgin Money website which explains refunds from their credit cards
uk.virginmoney/virgin/se...t-balances.jsp
May help you quote their own policy to them.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
What's the consensus on this then? Am I better requesting the refund now or can I hang on till the end of October and rebook for no extra cost? Has anyone managed to hang on for that long?
I called this morning about my 30th Aug cancelled flight, my out bound for next July is open but return obviously not.

I was told 3 x because I checked, doubled check and triple checked I understood, if I do nothing they will rebook me on the same route at no additional cost when my return leg opens.

I’m flying upper using reward flights.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Virgin confirm cancellations up to and inc 29th September

Latest Virgin cancellation confirmations came through at 11.10 so I will update first post as soon as possible but will amend the title immediately.

All updated now.

https://DIBB.in/15014797

We have no idea if Virgin will anounce any further "off sales" before next weeks update.

Edited at 12:06 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
VS withdrew these flights from sale on 20th August (see my post #629) but they have not confirmed the cancellations and that is why I haven't updated the first post in the thread.

https://DIBB.in/15106870

Virgin have been erratic in the last few weeks about triggering the actual cancellations as opposed to changes in sales profile so will see if they send out any information later today. It is so frustrating for everyone concerned
Sorry, I've not read the whole thread to see how you're the person in the know, but do you know how long it's possible to not respond to the voucher/refund/rebook email? It'll be the back end of October before my flights for next year are available.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Cancellations are so close now we are due to fly on the 30th September.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Ahh this will be us out then - flight was 24th - hopefully we can move flight out 12 months. Knew it was coming but still a sad day

Edited at 11:49 AM.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

My email came through not long ago. 24th September cancelled.

Here's the body of the email, for those interested:

Hello,

As a result of Covid-19 and the changing global travel restrictions, we’re constantly reviewing our flying programme. This has unfortunately meant we’ve had to make some schedule changes and cancellations.
We’re sorry to let you know that your flight VS75 on 24 Sep 2021 has been cancelled.

We know how important your trip will be to you, and we apologise that it won’t be going ahead as planned. At this time, we’re unable to rebook you on to an alternative service on the same date, however, our latest rebooking policies offer as much flexibility as possible, helping you to reschedule.

Please note, the cancellation will be processed this weekend, after which it will be reflected on your booking.
Bookings made directly with Virgin Atlantic
If all of your flights have been cancelled you have several options available to you. So we can update your booking as soon as possible, please choose your preference at your earliest convenience. The options include:
Rebook your flights for a new departure date, any time between now and 30 April 2023
Convert your ticket to a Virgin Atlantic voucher, which will generate a credit equal to the value of your booking, for use on a future flight with Virgin Atlantic

If you’d like someone else to benefit from your booking, you can also make a free name change when you rebook or request a voucher, or even change your destination with the admin fee waived.

To view all your options following this cancellation, including a cash refund, please visit our website, which sets these out in more detail and allows you to self-select your preference.

If some of your flights are still operating (including connecting flights)

Please contact us to amend any flights on your booking that are still scheduled to operate.
Tour operator, travel agent or other airline bookings
If you booked through a third party, such as an online travel agent, tour operator or a travel agent on the high street, please contact your travel provider directly to rebook or to discuss a refund as we’re unable to process changes on these bookings.

We’re very grateful for your patience and understanding right now, recognising this may be disappointing news. We’re here to support you with your travel plans and look forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Until then, stay safe and stay well.

Corneel Koster
Chief Customer & Operating Officer I Virgin Atlantic
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
My email came through not long ago. 24th September cancelled.

Here's the body of the email, for those interested:
Yep, that’s us officially not going now too
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
glenn23
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
I called this morning about my 30th Aug cancelled flight, my out bound for next July is open but return obviously not.

I was told 3 x because I checked, doubled check and triple checked I understood, if I do nothing they will rebook me on the same route at no additional cost when my return leg opens.

I’m flying upper using reward flights.

When you rebook on the same route, if it originally included a stop over, does the new booking have to include a stop over, and vice versa? ta
glenn23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread