Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Sep 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have had something similar over the last month.
I had pain at the top/bridge of the nose - like sinus pain but the nose was dry. This spread across to my right eye socket and the pain was getting so intense I couldnt work. Then got a spot on top of my head that had intense pain as well. Felt tired and out of sorts and my brain was all foggy.

Couldnt see a GP (or I actually had a call booked but they cancelled it as doctor was off sick and they couldnt get me an appointment until 4 days later). I booked a private online GP who had me take my bloodpressure at home whilst she was on the phone (it was high 190/112) and said I needed to be seen by someone in person that day. She adviced I go to urgent care centre (which where I live is basically A&E). They said the pain I felt was from the BP so gave me new meds (and were huffing and puffing about the gp not seeing me - I totally agree - this should have been GP face to face not A&E). I have previously been on BP meds but they took me off them as I also have postural hypotension so get big BP drops when walking/standing up.

After 10 days the worst headache and eyesocket pain reduced but the sinus type pressure remained. New appt with the online GP who prescribed antibiotics and said to treat it as sinusitis. Finished the antibiotics last week and much better although not completely gone. My energy levels and brain fog also improved from both antibiotics and BP meds. A&E sent report to GP to tell them I needed bloodtest to check kidney function after taking new meds after a week so all of a sudden I got both bloodtest and to speak to my GP without problems. I normally have very good service from my GP so not being able to see anyone is unusual - they must be inundated.
Old 2 Sep 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

To be honest I'd avoid going back to school! Your plainly NOT well & it's not going to help going back to school is it. There are a lot of chest infections going round at present regardless of Covid & you may well have had Covid without knowing it & are now suffering dam long Covid. Please take care get back to the doctors asap & ring 111 if you cant get an actual timed call - I had to ring them 2 months ago & got excellent service with a doctor call back within 10 minutes.
Old 2 Sep 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Seeing GPS has been the biggest problem throughout the last 18 months and this in turn has put so much extra pressure on AE where number of patients is up 30/40 %. With lots of people going to AE unnecessarily with simple problems. Example partner was in with gallbladder problem (now removed ) and a lady in next cubicle was getting told she had thrush, again this was a GP visit at most.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
I have had something similar over the last month.
I had pain at the top/bridge of the nose - like sinus pain but the nose was dry. This spread across to my right eye socket and the pain was getting so intense I couldnt work. Then got a spot on top of my head that had intense pain as well. Felt tired and out of sorts and my brain was all foggy.

Couldnt see a GP (or I actually had a call booked but they cancelled it as doctor was off sick and they couldnt get me an appointment until 4 days later). I booked a private online GP who had me take my bloodpressure at home whilst she was on the phone (it was high 190/112) and said I needed to be seen by someone in person that day. She adviced I go to urgent care centre (which where I live is basically A&E). They said the pain I felt was from the BP so gave me new meds (and were huffing and puffing about the gp not seeing me - I totally agree - this should have been GP face to face not A&E). I have previously been on BP meds but they took me off them as I also have postural hypotension so get big BP drops when walking/standing up.

After 10 days the worst headache and eyesocket pain reduced but the sinus type pressure remained. New appt with the online GP who prescribed antibiotics and said to treat it as sinusitis. Finished the antibiotics last week and much better although not completely gone. My energy levels and brain fog also improved from both antibiotics and BP meds. A&E sent report to GP to tell them I needed bloodtest to check kidney function after taking new meds after a week so all of a sudden I got both bloodtest and to speak to my GP without problems. I normally have very good service from my GP so not being able to see anyone is unusual - they must be inundated.
Your symptoms sound EXACTLY like mine! Certainly above the neck. I have low BP though having checked it…I wonder if that can do the same! Thank you for posting, I will ask about this. Also, I don’t trust my home BP device.
Old 2 Sep 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
To be honest I'd avoid going back to school! Your plainly NOT well & it's not going to help going back to school is it. There are a lot of chest infections going round at present regardless of Covid & you may well have had Covid without knowing it & are now suffering dam long Covid. Please take care get back to the doctors asap & ring 111 if you cant get an actual timed call - I had to ring them 2 months ago & got excellent service with a doctor call back within 10 minutes.
Thank you for the advice. I’m still waiting for a call back.
I did go in today, but it was hard going and I’m so tired now, I’m just going to go to bed.

Everyone was sniffing and sneezing and snorting everywhere. It was a training day and everyone is using LFT tests. Last thing I want is to add to this, so I might ask if I can work from home tomorrow. It’s a training day again, so I can join via Google Meet.

Thanks for posting - sometimes it’s nice to get a bit of a reality check x
Old 2 Sep 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Seeing GPS has been the biggest problem throughout the last 18 months and this in turn has put so much extra pressure on AE where number of patients is up 30/40 %. With lots of people going to AE unnecessarily with simple problems. Example partner was in with gallbladder problem (now removed ) and a lady in next cubicle was getting told she had thrush, again this was a GP visit at most.
I was listening to them talk about this on the radio yesterday. People can’t see their GP so go to A&E. I’m trying to avoid that at all costs…but my husband has wanted us to go in a few times. He never really sees me poorly..he thought it was only him who could catch colds and flus 😂 bless.

Thanks for posting. I’m off bed now, but I’ll keep you posted. It sounds like a number of us are getting very similar symptoms at the mo x
Old 3 Sep 21, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do hope that you feel better soon. Chase that GP it's what they're their for
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Thank you Tink,

Feeling a little better today. I got desperate and self diagnosed last night and gobbled a few antibiotics that I didn’t use last year. Gradually been feeling better.
Finally spoke to the GP and he said to continue with the antibiotics as it sounds like an infection of some sort. 🤷 Not sure whether that’s right, but I’ll give it a go ☺️ And the body aches are easing off.

Who knew! I should have gone into medicine!

I will probably give it a pass today and get back to the Covid boards tomorrow, when I’ve got a bit more strength 🤣

But seriously, thank you for checking in 💕 it’s much appreciated

Hope you are well too x
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Thank you Tink,

Feeling a little better today. I got desperate and self diagnosed last night and gobbled a few antibiotics that I didn’t use last year. Gradually been feeling better.
Finally spoke to the GP and he said to continue with the antibiotics as it sounds like an infection of some sort. 🤷 Not sure whether that’s right, but I’ll give it a go ☺️ And the body aches are easing off.

Who knew! I should have gone into medicine!

I will probably give it a pass today and get back to the Covid boards tomorrow, when I’ve got a bit more strength 🤣

But seriously, thank you for checking in 💕 it’s much appreciated

Hope you are well too x
Really trust me, your not ready for that yet, especially as I've just posted I wouldn't go to Florida until September next year 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.Let my comment dissapear up the thread before you roll your eyes at me 🤭😂😂❣️
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Really trust me, your not ready for that yet, especially as I've just posted I wouldn't go to Florida until September next year 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.Let my comment dissapear up the thread before you roll your eyes at me 🤭😂😂❣️
Oh dear! 😂 I’ll perhaps give it until Monday instead 😬

Have a lovely weekend 👋👋