Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Honestly I would just push a note through explaining you won’t be able to collect his children and then I’d speak to the school, just so they aware if no one comes to collect them.

I know you’re being nice and it’s lovely, but it’s not your problem and you have enough going on. I just think they’re being cheeky and taking advantage if I’m being honest and I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking other people’s kids.

I’d then just stay in and avoid them and if they come knocking, ignore it.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky Mouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Nicky Mouse's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 4
Wow, does the 2 year old not have a seat either then?, and what happens when they have a new baby in the car as well?.

I’m sorry but I would be reporting them, I would never forgive myself if anything happened to any of the children and I’m sure you wouldn’t either
Saratoga Springs 2017
Heron Villa High Grove 2017, 2018, 2023
Nicky Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We never ever agreed to take or bring back other peoples children for school and we had a few ask us over the years. It only ever ends up in arguments and argy bargy. When you can’t get to school for whatever reason then you end up having to run around informing everyone, feeling guilty and getting told off by the other parents.

There is no chance I would be driving around with other peoples kids in a car without the legal seats either so it would be a big no from me.
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m horrified that they don’t have car seats.🙈
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I get there is a language barrier but they seem incredibly rude expecting you to pick up the children... 'you can walk then' wow.

You seem like a lovely helpful person.

A neighbour who I'd spoken to once! , knocked on my door at 10am one day saying she had to go to the hospital with her daughter and could I collect her son from school.
I gave her my phone number and said yes of course in such an emergency.
I picked her son up and he came over and played with my son.
Evening came and I'm wondering whats going on, I had fed him but had no pyjamas for him or anything like that so bathed him with my son (they were 5) and put some of my sons on him.
I was keeping him up incase his mum rang/text or came for him but once it got to 8pm I just put him to bed.
The next morning I got them both up and took them both to school, obviously explaining to the teachers what had happened and I had no idea what was going on.
All day I'm sat wondering am I supposed to pick him up from school again...
3pm comes and I walk to the school and she's stood there happy as larry and just said I'm here to collect him.
I said why didn't you phone or text me, I was worried and had no idea he was having a sleep over? She just sort of shrugged like it was normal 😂

They moved soon after that but how incredibly strange. I will remember that forever.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
I get there is a language barrier but they seem incredibly rude expecting you to pick up the children... 'you can walk then' wow.

You seem like a lovely helpful person.

A neighbour who I'd spoken to once! , knocked on my door at 10am one day saying she had to go to the hospital with her daughter and could I collect her son from school.
I gave her my phone number and said yes of course in such an emergency.
I picked her son up and he came over and played with my son.
Evening came and I'm wondering whats going on, I had fed him but had no pyjamas for him or anything like that so bathed him with my son (they were 5) and put some of my sons on him.
I was keeping him up incase his mum rang/text or came for him but once it got to 8pm I just put him to bed.
The next morning I got them both up and took them both to school, obviously explaining to the teachers what had happened and I had no idea what was going on.
All day I'm sat wondering am I supposed to pick him up from school again...
3pm comes and I walk to the school and she's stood there happy as larry and just said I'm here to collect him.
I said why didn't you phone or text me, I was worried and had no idea he was having a sleep over? She just sort of shrugged like it was normal 😂

They moved soon after that but how incredibly strange. I will remember that forever.
Wow. Can't believe some people.
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I am sorry nice kids or not this bloke sounds like a grade 1 @@@@@@@@ and I rarely swear. You are clearly a wonderful person and he is taking advantage of you, to try and tell you how you pick your kids up from school and what you and your child can or can not do errrrr I am angry for you. If you do this once they will put on and put on you, I think you need to just say no now.

He has also put you in a sticky position about boosters for me that is a talking to and if it does not change a call to social services.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I wouldn't be picking the kids up you have enough on with Mason.
I once got talked into taking another child to an after school club by the club leader. I didn't know the child and the parents didn't know me. It was awkward and they didn't even live very close to us as I had been lead to believe. The child was polite but I was so relieved when they stopped going to the club.
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Had to comment when I read after telling him the children need car seats the guy suggested you walk them home instead! 😦

It sounds as though he’s taking advantage of your good nature and it doesn’t seem like you need the extra pressure right now. I’d set a precedent and tell him you can’t do it.
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

You need to be firm and leave him in no doubt that you won’t be picking his kids up. Pretty sure booster seats now have to have sides on, or they are recommending they do.

He is taking advantage of your good nature, if you do this he will never stop expecting you to do stuff.

As someone said before, don’t apologise. Just tell him you can’t do it.

If something happened to his kids you would never forgive yourself.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List