Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Oct 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Everyone is at risk, but being vaccinated “greatly” reduces your chances of being hospitalised which is where the NHS pressures stem from.
I understand that but I was disagreeing with your statement below, though to be fair I would have thought exactly the same as you before we caught it.

“ If restrictions do come back the main reason will be those that have refused to get vaccinated.”
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I understand that but I was disagreeing with your statement below, though to be fair I would have thought exactly the same as you before we caught it.

“ If restrictions do come back the main reason will be those that have refused to get vaccinated.”
But I think what they where trying to say is that its the un-vaccinated that will have the greater effect on the NHS than the vaccinated.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
But I think what they where trying to say is that its the un-vaccinated that will have the greater effect on the NHS than the vaccinated.
That was my understanding too. While you can still feel terrible with the virus, you are significantly less likely to need hospital care if vaccinated.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Welp, I’m sitting here in Atlanta waiting for my connecting flight home from Vegas. And I don’t know how it works on non-US carriers or outside the US, but the flight attendants AND the pilot were quite adamant about federal regulations about face masks for 2 and up. “Only lower your mask when you’re actively taking a bite or sip.” And the FA’s were on people about it the whole 4 hours.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
That was my understanding too. While you can still feel terrible with the virus, you are significantly less likely to need hospital care if vaccinated.
We are vaccinated I am on the mend now it’s my day 10 it’s my wife day 11 I would still not rule out her needing to be admitted as her breathing is getting worse.

I hasten to add that I accept our symptoms and situation is not the same as everyone else some will be worse and some lesser.

Edited at 10:41 PM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

we’ve just returned from Dubai with DD6 and DS2. I tried to work out before we went what the deal was with masks for them but info was conflicting so they didn’t wear masks (either on the plane or in Dubai) and that seemed to be what everyone else was doing.

Anyway reason for writing this is to say, when DS saw us wearing masks he asked to wear one to dinner one night. We allowed him and he kept it on for about 4 hours. He clearly just forgot it was there. I wondered if it might’ve been because it was one of those adult blue paper masks, which we tied at the ears, so maybe it felt quite roomy and breathable for him. Whilst this gives me some hope… I’m still also aware that on the day he might just decide that no, the mask isn’t for him…I’m just going to keep getting him to wear the masks intermittently so that it becomes a normal thing (whilst also hoping the mask requirement is removed before we go!)
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I gave up on reading this thread 25 pages ago, I came on out of curiosity and fell down a rabbit hole. I think something for parents who will be struggling to also think about (and I get the struggle, as an adult I dislike wearing a mask so trying to get a child to wear one seems an uphill struggle for a lot pf parents) is that while you may disagree with the law that requires this and you may think that you can work around this on the plane or just flat out refuse once in the air, what do you think is going to happen when you are in the queue at immigration? The DHS officers have zero sense of humour in my experience and if you are in the queue a while and not enforcing the mask wearing while there then god knows what will happen when you get to the desk.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jockdog
Helping Minnie

I tend to agree.

I’m going to hate having to wear a mask at the UK airport, on the flight, at immigration and the airport at mco. But i will do it because that’s the rules/law.

If anyone over the age of two, including adults, can’t do that, and I’m damn sure my daughter wouldn’t have when she was two, then now probably isn’t the right time to fly to the USA.

You may get away with it, but you may not. It’s down to each family to gauge the risk, and accept the consequences if it goes bad. I really hope, for kids at least, that they are somewhat sympathetic and lenient.
jockdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jockdog View Post
If anyone over the age of two, including adults, can’t do that, and I’m damn sure my daughter wouldn’t have when she was two, then now probably isn’t the right time to fly to the USA.
So are the airlines, hotels etc just going to give families their money back from re-arranger trips because you’ve told them your toddler or young child probably won’t be able to keep their masks on ? - Of course they’re not. I’ve no trip planned (thankfully)but it’s a tad condescending when people just say, “now probably isn’t the right time to fly to the USA” - Some people have thousands invested into their trips.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

Here we go again.

You spin me right round baby right round like a record player right round.

Wish this thread could just fade away. Everyone on the dibb who has a 2 year old knows the rules & will do their best to abide by them.
RichyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List