Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Tom I think you are a bit older than me but the problem we have is that growing up it was instilled in us not to waste food, in fact you could expect a punishment if you did not finish that extra sausage or all those chips.
I still struggle to leave food on my plate, I think I probably encouraged my own children not to waste food as well. Luckily we had a Labrador when kids were young so nothing was wasted.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

The simple truth is if you have high blood pressure it's better that's it's diagnosed and treated. I have been on medication for a while and it's controlled and isn't more than remembering to take one tablet a day.
There are too many cases of undiagnosed high blood pressure in this country, with the concurrent problems that can cause.

Edited at 11:45 AM.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm, that is high and needs to come down. With tablets I am down to 139/85 as an average. Some days though it is higher than that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

OP, you are right to believe that losing weight will help all your issues. My husband bordered on obese according to his BMI ( I know everyone hates BMI and says it's out of date etc etc so no need to repeat those arguments)

His father died at 50 of a stroke, he had a shock when he went to the GP a couple of years ago and found he was border line diabetic. Well done to our GP who said i am not giving you medication you just need to get your weight down. My husband was already on 2 B/P medications.

He worked hard, lost weight and is no longer even pre diabetic, his HbA1c is normal and his B/P has reduced. Our health really is in our hands, you can do it, don't put it off until tomorrow or after Christmas or after the next holiday. Start today, you won't regret it.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mmm, that is high and needs to come down. With tablets I am down to 139/85 as an average. Some days though it is higher than that.
Well I’m just getting ready to head off to the surgery so I suppose I will soon know what they think is best course of action. I had been feeling a bit “off “ for a while but like a lot of people I put off going to the surgery in the current climate, I’d had a few niggles and when I had a phone consultation last month and they suggested I come in for blood tests and bp checks I was quite relieved cos I was going to suggest the same.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
OP, you are right to believe that losing weight will help all your issues. My husband bordered on obese according to his BMI ( I know everyone hates BMI and says it's out of date etc etc so no need to repeat those arguments)

His father died at 50 of a stroke, he had a shock when he went to the GP a couple of years ago and found he was border line diabetic. Well done to our GP who said i am not giving you medication you just need to get your weight down. My husband was already on 2 B/P medications.

He worked hard, lost weight and is no longer even pre diabetic, his HbA1c is normal and his B/P has reduced. Our health really is in our hands, you can do it, don't put it off until tomorrow or after Christmas or after the next holiday. Start today, you won't regret it.
Well done to your husband, and yes I won’t be delaying any advice they give me it will be acted upon straight away x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Come from a family history of high BP, I’m now 54 and just before I was getting married at 24 and discovered I had high bp when looking for a prescription for the pill, so never took the pill or HRT, my bp is now controlled and had it checked yesterday.

A few weeks back I rang a gp surgery to see if I could get a booster jab, receptionist asked had I an underlying condition, I said I suffered from high BP and she burst out laughing and said you and half the country.

Best of luck with gp visit
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Well done to your husband, and yes I won’t be delaying any advice they give me it will be acted upon straight away x
Hope your appointment goes well
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Little update , I know nothing yet, went to surgery nurse removed monitor , said she would download the readings pass them onto the doctor and hopefully he will ring today 🙈, good job my monitor is off cos I would’ve been having more high readings …..will update when I know anything , thanks for your messages this morning really helped x
Old 7 Dec 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just jumping on this thread after reading the OPs readings.

My mum has been quite poorly since contracting Covid 6 weeks ago with really bad headaches, her blood pressure was recorded at 175/100, I presume this is dangerously high reading the other posts?