Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 7 Apr 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile asda food click and collect - what happens if you don't collect?

asda food click and collect - what happens if you don't collect it?

I have an food shop I need to collect today which I scaled down as since getting the slot 3 weeks ago, however this morning 6x key items are not available which now leaves me thinking I could do without most of the other items on there now...,ie.. They are saying no beef mince availble x2, no chicken breast x2 packs, no sirloin steak 4 in tial with no alternatives offered, plus then other items like diced Lamb instead of leg of lamb, finest burgers now cheap ones...

So, as I can't get through to them on the phkne, if I simply don't turn up what happens? I would assume a refund but can't see it in the t&c's?

Thanks
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
asda food click and collect - what happens if you don't collect it?

I have an food shop I need to collect today which I scaled down as since getting the slot 3 weeks ago, however this morning 6x key items are not available which now leaves me thinking I could do without most of the other items on there now...,ie.. They are saying no beef mince availble x2, no chicken breast x2 packs, no sirloin steak 4 in tial with no alternatives offered, plus then other items like diced Lamb instead of leg of lamb, finest burgers now cheap ones...

So, as I can't get through to them on the phkne, if I simply don't turn up what happens? I would assume a refund but can't see it in the t&c's?

Thanks
I imagine the food will be wasted so would not be surprised if they charge you. As these slots are rarer than hens teeth and they have done their best for you I think it's wrong not to collect it to be brutally honest. Sorry!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I had this happen to me I called the customer services and store and they told me not to collect and I would get refunded...they keep items chilled and frozen so they fill just be put back...hope this helps

I didn't pick up and did get refunded x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I imagine the food will be wasted so would not be surprised if they charge you. As these slots are rarer than hens teeth and they have done their best for you I think it's wrong not to collect it to be brutally honest. Sorry!
Food not wasted as it's left in fridges until the moment you arrive...

They may of done their best, but if I still need to go into the store or another to get the items I still need, it kind of defeats the object of doing a click and half collect..

Edited at 10:57 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I had a car breakdown once and couldn’t get there to collect - as above I was fully refunded. The food is kept in chilled conditions so shouldn’t go to waste.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I had this happen to me I called the customer services and store and they told me not to collect and I would get refunded...they keep items chilled and frozen so they fill just be put back...hope this helps

I didn't pick up and did get refunded x
Thanks..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
Old 7 Apr 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

We had a Sainsbury’s delivery last week and there were quite a few substitutions. Some of them weren’t appropriate at all so I told the delivery driver I didn’t want them. He said they couldn’t take them back due to trying to avoid cross contamination, even if I just rejected the whole bag it was in and therefore didn’t touch it at all.

So they may just have to throw out everything due to it already being touched if it’s not collected.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
We had a Sainsbury’s delivery last week and there were quite a few substitutions. Some of them weren’t appropriate at all so I told the delivery driver I didn’t want them. He said they couldn’t take them back due to trying to avoid cross contamination, even if I just rejected the whole bag it was in and therefore didn’t touch it at all.

So they may just have to throw out everything due to it already being touched if it’s not collected.
My Ocado man asked me at the beginning and just removed them before he left
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I'm actually getting an asda delivery within the next hour... my beef mince in also missing... is this the next loo roll shortage lol. They have substituted with 1 x pork and beef, so at least I have something... still happy they are providing this service
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
My Ocado man asked me at the beginning and just removed them before he left
That’s what I thought would happen but this delivery driver just point blank said he wouldn’t take anything back. Means we’ve ended up paying for things we won’t use or eat because we couldn’t get a refund.

I don’t think this is going to be much use for cleaning the cat litter trays
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List