Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Virgin open ticket dates changed?

I have just looked on Virgin Atlantic website and it looks like our August flights are now definitely going as long as borders are open etc.We don’t want to go and have cancelled Disney so I had a look at the open ticket options. I’m now reading it as if we rebook before Nov this year we don’t pay any fare difference as long as we fly the same route but if we rebook from December onwards then we do but we could change destination? Is this right?
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
I have just looked on Virgin Atlantic website and it looks like our August flights are now definitely going as long as borders are open etc.We don’t want to go and have cancelled Disney so I had a look at the open ticket options. I’m now reading it as if we rebook before Nov this year we don’t pay any fare difference as long as we fly the same route but if we rebook from December onwards then we do but we could change destination? Is this right?
Yeah, that's right
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Brilliant thank you.Its just so confusing when it changes all of the time! The last time I looked there was no difference in fare if you traveled by November this year and now it’s if you book by then.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Hmm seems to apply only to those originally travelling from June onwards! What about those of us with original flights from March to May? !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

I’m not sure, I think this is a recent change on their website. We are going to hold on for a bit longer as we would rather have a refund.Have you put in a refund request?
Old 21 Jun 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m not sure, I think this is a recent change on their website. We are going to hold on for a bit longer as we would rather have a refund.Have you put in a refund request?
I had initially put in a refund request but after about 50 days got fed up with the stress and switched it to an open ticket to use by sept 22.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m hoping this is true reward flights too. It means we don’t need to worry about changes in miles required and fees & taxes. Essentially our flights are paid for in total for next year then.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

It seems a bit too good to be true to be honest as before you had to travel before November this year to not pay any fare difference. I hope it’s not a mistake on the website.
Old 21 Jun 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m hoping this is true reward flights too. It means we don’t need to worry about changes in miles required and fees & taxes. Essentially our flights are paid for in total for next year then.
Ours were miles seats too, so only tax etc was paid. I thought they might put the miles up next year and get me that way🙄
I will need to look at this as we will be booking again when dates available 🤞
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

It seems a bit too good to be true to be honest as before you had to travel before November this year to not pay any fare difference. I hope it’s not a mistake on the website.
I’ve just checked on the website, where have you seen it? I still read it as book to travel before 30/11/20 not book before 30/11/20?
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List