Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
My weight loss journey - 14 stone/90kg to lose

started at 176.3kg, I’m now 166.9kg. So I’m slowly but surely starting to make progress. I’ve lost 9.4kg or nearly 1.5 stone.

I want to get down to 85-90kg hopefully.

I used to be a massive crisp and chocolate eater, I’m talking easily 6-12 bags of crisps a day with goodness knows how much chocolate.

I had 6 months of therapy surrounding food and all that, and that has really helped. Still not perfect without support I was eating 6 bags once or twice a week but still a damnsite better than before. With support from family who I live with I eat one bag of crisps per day and one Freddo a day.

I used to just live off sandwiches but now I’m eating one sandwich per day and a proper meal for dinner and I am eating breakfast, usually just some toast.

Since March I was going to the gym 3 times a week with a personal trainer, I had to take a break from the gym due to mental health issues flaring up. But I’ve been back for 3 weeks and currently doing aqua aerobics twice a week and personal training sessions 2 times a week.

Obviously I’m not doing things perfectly but I think that would be pretty difficult. But what I’m doing is working so I’m happy with that.

I’ve lost the same 6kgs twice but I’m determined to keep going this time.

I’m now 9.4 kg down, in 10 weeks. Determined to keep going.

I really need to lose this weight not only for health reasons but also so I can go back to Disney, universal and Busch gardens. Last time I went in 2012, I was roughly 120kg and could hardly fit on anything, or was at least too nervous, I was 17, to try out test seats, I really enjoyed Disney no issues there, but I also love the others and struggled there. I’d like to go back 2023or 2024 in November. So I’m giving myself plenty time to lose weight and succeed for once in my life.

I apologise this is so long but yeah. Thank you to anyone who has read this far. I hope to update this thread as I go and I hope you’ll join me on my journey.

Thanks,
Allie.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Good for you getting started! I'm joining SW this week to get some weight off for next summer.
Good luck to you!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
started at 176.3kg, I’m now 166.9kg. So I’m slowly but surely starting to make progress. I’ve lost 9.4kg or nearly 1.5 stone.

I want to get down to 85-90kg hopefully.

I used to be a massive crisp and chocolate eater, I’m talking easily 6-12 bags of crisps a day with goodness knows how much chocolate.

I had 6 months of therapy surrounding food and all that, and that has really helped. Still not perfect without support I was eating 6 bags once or twice a week but still a damnsite better than before. With support from family who I live with I eat one bag of crisps per day and one Freddo a day.

I used to just live off sandwiches but now I’m eating one sandwich per day and a proper meal for dinner and I am eating breakfast, usually just some toast.

Since March I was going to the gym 3 times a week with a personal trainer, I had to take a break from the gym due to mental health issues flaring up. But I’ve been back for 3 weeks and currently doing aqua aerobics twice a week and personal training sessions 2 times a week.

Obviously I’m not doing things perfectly but I think that would be pretty difficult. But what I’m doing is working so I’m happy with that.

I’ve lost the same 6kgs twice but I’m determined to keep going this time.

I’m now 9.4 kg down, in 10 weeks. Determined to keep going.

I really need to lose this weight not only for health reasons but also so I can go back to Disney, universal and Busch gardens. Last time I went in 2012, I was roughly 120kg and could hardly fit on anything, or was at least too nervous, I was 17, to try out test seats, I really enjoyed Disney no issues there, but I also love the others and struggled there. I’d like to go back 2023or 2024 in November. So I’m giving myself plenty time to lose weight and succeed for once in my life.

I apologise this is so long but yeah. Thank you to anyone who has read this far. I hope to update this thread as I go and I hope you’ll join me on my journey.

Thanks,
Allie.
Sounds like your doing it in a sustainable healthy way. Wishing you well in your journey!

I've currently 20lbs down and another 60lbs to go! And I've been taking the scenic route 🤣
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you’ve made a brilliant start. I don’t know anyone who has managed a ‘perfect’ weight loss journey so don’t beat yourself up. As long as the general direction of the number is down, you’re winning. I use My Fitness Pal just to record weight and if I have a bad day then I look at the graph over the last week or month to check it’s heading in the right direction. Best of luck
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
Sounds like your doing it in a sustainable healthy way. Wishing you well in your journey!

I've currently 20lbs down and another 60lbs to go! And I've been taking the scenic route 🤣
The scenic route, I love that ❤
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Wow! What an amazing start you've made and so wise to be realistic and allow yourself enough time to achieve your goal.

I know from experience that no weight loss campaign is straightforward and my only advice is to be kind to yourself while still keeping your goal in mind.

I look forward to your updates and cheering you on

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 11:13 AM.
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

good luck!

i've had reasonable success with 5:2, so far managed to lose 6st over the last few years, although for the last 2 years, ive only lost ~6lb due to a back operation, then covid... but i figure if i can maintain it during that period, thats enough for me

my goal is to lose another 4st, i need to start exercising again... i've barely touched my bike recently
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It can be done - trust me! At the start of lockdown 1.0, my BMI was 31. Now holding steady at 18/19 BMI.

I went the slow and steady route -- approx 2 lbs a week. I cut my carbs by about 90 percent and tried to stick to lean protein, lots and lots of veges, and a little fruit.

and of course, exercised 6 times a week.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Well done .. and i look forward to readiing update

I too struggle with weight & mental health issues, and i know only too well how the two are so interlinked. You cannot beat one without tackling the other.

WELL DONE xx
Old 14 Sep 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Well done so far - I wish I had your motivation. There's nothing like getting good results to keep you focused. You should be proud of yourself.

Keep going, and your goal of being able to do rides is a great incentive, plus you'll be so much more comfortable moving about in the heat.