Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Cat gone missing

We have two rescue cats that we have had for 7 years. The older is about 12-14 and very homely does not go outside except for the toilet real softey sleeps with daughter and waits for her to come home when she sits down he is on her lap you get it.

Just recently he has been struggling with his hind legs and jumping from being able to get on top bunks to struggling to get on sofa but seems happy and eating well.

Yesterday morning he got up with me at 6am and i petted him and he totted off and we have not seen him since.

Been through every possible place in our house and garden and out buildings and been round to neighbourhs put flyers out and on lampposts and he is chipped but no collar.

My daughter is distraught and I have not felt this bad since i lost my Dad its just heat breaking
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Fingers crossed for a safe return.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

If you have used cat litter scatter it locally so the scent carries.
Hang your dirty laundry on the line again so the scent carries in the air( travels a long way).
Go out late at night when it's quiet & use a torch to see cats eyes reflected.
Call your cat quietly using your normal pet voice, shake treats, open a tin of tuna ( you might get all the neighbour hood cats but worth a try).
Check small spaces, under bushes, between fences & sheds.
Ask neighbours to open sheds & leave them open for several hours as cats initially will hide when door open.
Check for empty houses etc where maybe cat is shut in.
Use social media, contact all local vets & the council ( who sadly uplift bodies).I really hope your cat returns home safe & well.x
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Do you have a local Facebook page you can put pictures of him on and ask people to look out for him?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

So sorry to hear that, he may be closer than you think though and is probably in a neighbours bush if he can’t jump etc.. I know you’ve said you’ve looked but sometimes they’re too scared to come out or in such a deep sleep that they just don’t hear you.
He could also be trapped in a shed or garage as that happened to us before.
This is all quite close to my heart at the moment as one of our cats has now been missing for nearly 6 months and my daughter 10 is still just so upset as he was closest with her and she’s the only one he wasn’t nervous around 😞
Really hope your boy comes home soon and wonders what all the fuss was about 🤞🏼
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We have two rescue cats that we have had for 7 years. The older is about 12-14 and very homely does not go outside except for the toilet real softey sleeps with daughter and waits for her to come home when she sits down he is on her lap you get it.

Just recently he has been struggling with his hind legs and jumping from being able to get on top bunks to struggling to get on sofa but seems happy and eating well.

Yesterday morning he got up with me at 6am and i petted him and he totted off and we have not seen him since.

Been through every possible place in our house and garden and out buildings and been round to neighbourhs put flyers out and on lampposts and he is chipped but no collar.

My daughter is distraught and I have not felt this bad since i lost my Dad its just heat breaking
We have cats so I can totally understand how heart breaking it will be if you don’t know where they are and if it’s out of their normal routine.

We have a local neighbour internet group and another Facebook page. Do you have anything like that.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Facebook groups have been great. Have lost and found pages on them and my swimming community have blitzzed everything fingers crossed
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post

Been through every possible place in our house and garden and out buildings and been round to neighbours put flyers out and on lampposts and he is chipped but no collar.

So sorry to hear he is missing -it's heartbreaking!
Here is the advice that my local Cat's Protection give when people say their cat is missing:

Try everything here to help - So many cats get locked in sheds & garages every day. Try to check and recheck any near you yourself as not everyone around you is on fb or in any groups. Also check neighbours' houses, empty houses, greenhouses, derelict buildings, cupboards, under decking, car engines, small gaps, brambles, roofs & trees, hot tubs, water butts, ponds, pools, jacuzzis or any bins that collects water etc. Check front gardens in your street & under bushes & vehicles in case s/he is injured. Knock doors & post leaflets in your street and the street behind you with your contact number & ask people to check their sheds & garages in case the cat is locked in. Put posters up with a photo and contact number. Ring the Council, RSPCA & all Vets including emergency Vets in the area in case your cat has been picked up. Check local cat rescue pages. Go out with a torch when it's dark and quiet and shake biscuits or tap a tin and call him/her. Scatter used litter in the garden to give a familiar scent to follow.
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Well we had tow possible sightings of him one in a churchyard and then another at a cricket ground which is near the church.

been out for hours with dreamies and torches but nothing.

Called all Vets Cast.org and RSpca nothing

Daughter distraught but she is not the only one I thought I was a tough guy but this is tearing me apart
Old 20 Oct 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Bud I ain’t got any advice but just wanted to let you know I hope you find your cat. I can feel your pain coming through the comments 💕