Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone work for Royal Mail know if I've a leg to stand on?

So I've only just realised today stupidly that I am still being charged for something I returned back in August. Stupid I know but life and Covid just got in the way. I found my proof of postage and the item was sent tracked 48 hr service but when i have tracked it, it is showing as never leaving the post office.

I've gone to do a claim but the online form is saying I'm past the date I can claim.

Is it worth me pursuing this? Does anyone know?

I'm my eyes yes I should have checked sooner but also they failed to provide the service paid for, regardless if I checked 2 months ago or now.

What do you think Dibbers? Anyone know?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
So I've only just realised today stupidly that I am still being charged for something I returned back in August. Stupid I know but life and Covid just got in the way. I found my proof of postage and the item was sent tracked 48 hr service but when i have tracked it, it is showing as never leaving the post office.

I've gone to do a claim but the online form is saying I'm past the date I can claim.

Is it worth me pursuing this? Does anyone know?

I'm my eyes yes I should have checked sooner but also they failed to provide the service paid for, regardless if I checked 2 months ago or now.

What do you think Dibbers? Anyone know?
Although I don’t necessarily agree with this, I believe if you have proof of postage, you are entitled to a refund from the retailer even if they never receive it

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I also think you should pursue this with the retailer rather than Royal Mail. A few weeks ago I returned a coat to Wallis. The tracking also shows it as never having left the local post office. I contacted Wallis and they have refunded with no issue at all. I know your parcel was posted quite sometime ago but I’m sure as long as you have proof of postage the onus is on the retailer to take it up with Royal Mail not yourself. It’s worth a try anyway.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s the retailer you pursue it with not Royal Mail.
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Hiya, I’ve just spoken to my DH who works for Royal Mail. As others have said, your best hope to get a refund is through the company, as they should refund you and then attempt to get reimbursed by Royal Mail as they have a service level agreement with RM and could show them that they’ve lost money because of it.

If I’ve understood him correctly, the only way to get money out of RM would be if you’d sent it special delivery as that provides insurance. Tracked is more for businesses to chase RM if the service lets them down, customers would speak to the company concerned, even if you had been prompt in chasing it up and they’d take it up with RM as a business customer. 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all. I will pursue with the retailer. Wish me luck!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
It may not be the company you have to persue. It depends on whose choice it was to use Royal Mail. If the return was generated by the company then the contract is between Royal Mail and the Company and its the Company you need to go to. However if the return was something you generated and you decided to use Royal Mail then the contract is with you.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List