Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MattyC
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
We’re going in June, and to be honest I don’t think I’m going to bother with ROTR , It’s meant to be a holiday and stress free, I’ll wait till we go back in a few years, it’s only another ride at the end of the day 😂
This is pretty much how I feel. We go in September and if the same system is in place then I might give it a go on the first couple of days when my body clock is all messed up and I'm up stupidly early anyway. After that I don't intend to go anywhere near Hollywood Studios - I'll be on my holidays and don't need all that hassle I get more than enough of that on the other 300-odd days of the year.

Thinking of getting there early on the first day/two days to try my luck and depending on if/when I get a boarding pass either leaving the park straight away or leaving after riding it. The rest of the day will be spent relaxing at EPCOT wandering around world showcase and occasionally riding or watching anything with a reasonably short queue.

Food and wine is on when we go so might be a very relaxing few days indeed!
MattyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Plenty of people waited 12 hours for new Hagrid, so although you may not wait 12 hours (and I wouldn't either), I think there are plenty of people who would.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m anxious about not getting on and we aren’t even going until August 2021! 😂
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko!
Trying for More Ears

This is our experience of getting a boarding group at Feb half term, and we managed to get group 17, and our friends got 110. All gone in 45 seconds. So why did we get such different groups? I can say it was down to planning, and knowing your way around the app. We were using mobile data, and they were using wifi, but the wifi was quite fast when we were testing, so wouldn't say it was the difference.
Test a few times before you go, but logging in at the time it open's, it will let you go all the way to the booking stage. Remember where to click, and have all your party added to one account.
For your info we were on the ride at 9am, and our friends were on it at 5pm. On our friends second visit, they got boarding group 30, as they know their way around the app.
jacko!  is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
waddylove72
Getting to know the DIBB

We had one day at HS last week and managed to get a boarding group for RotR.

There were two of us and we each had a mobile using the same MDE account and were in the park and poised at 8am. Both phones were connected to the park wi-fi which was patchy in some areas but we managed to find a safe spot and waited for the boarding groups to become available.

Within in seconds of them becoming available we were allocated group 83 and finally got on the attraction at around 230pm.

Once we had a group allocated we headed straight for GE which was just opening. We queued for SR for just over an hour and was off by 930am. We bagged the pilot positions so were really pleased :-)

Both attractions are amazing and def worth the wait to ride but it will interesting to see how they manage RotR moving forward in terms of queuing.
waddylove72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List