VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Don't Be Grumpy! Feb 19- Day 1- Hollywood Studios/ Disney Springs

Day 1- Hollywood Studios/ Disney Springs- 21st Feb 19
What's a cocktail like you doing in a place like this?

Kept waking up in the night, but finally woke up properly at 5:30am. Spent the morning chilling at the resort and exploring. I took a LOT of photos, so bear with. It's such a photogenic resort.

I took more, but you're not here for a photo tour of POR LOL

Mum got her scooter delivered and then we were off to Hollywood Studios. First thing we did was renew my DAS, then we went to ABC Commissary for lunch, as did half the park because it started raining. We stupidly didn't do mobile order so waited ages to order. Both of us had the land and sea platter which was delicious and a happy days cocktail which was even more delicious. Made of rum, 2 types of liquor, grenadine and juice, it was fairly strong and most enjoyable. A definite surprise considering it's not the best QS in the world.

After lunch, I didn’t fancy Star Tours so we went to see the Frozen Sing Along. It was cute, and the two historians were a riot. I can't believe I've never done this before!

We then wandered up to Toy Story Land by way of the Incredibles area near the entrance where we went to meet Edna Mode. This area is so detailed and cool and Edna was funny.

After which we went to see we could get a return time for Slinky Dog, but the line was very long. So, we left and went to find the funnel cake with strawberries and ice cream, which we ordered with swirl ice cream to split. We had terrible trouble finding a place to sit and enjoy our treat, but when we did it was worth the wait.

After we had devoured the funnel cake, it was time for our Toy Story Mania FP, so yet again we wandered up, and because Mum's gun didn't work properly the first time, we got to ride again which was brilliant. I scored higher the second time with 125,300 which is one of my personal high scores.

After that we decided to head out, we would be back anyway so it didn’t matter that we only did 2 attractions. I stupidly got off at the North Depo stop which was a hike back to the room and chilled for a while watching the first Harry Potter film, before going out again to Disney Springs.

We took the boat over which was very pleasant and chose to eat dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express, where we both ordered the salmon. It was delicious!

We then had a browse of World Of Disney, where Mum bought a metal earth model of the iconic Disney World arch. I saw a arch t-shirt and almost bought it, it was really cute but also still quite expensive. I only have a 75 dollar gift card so want to save it for something really nice.

It had started drizzling again after that and we had a early ADR for BOG (well, 8:40am is early to me! ) so we took the bus home. By this point we figured out that East Depot was our nearest stop and really not too far like we had feared. Riverside is so big!

Caught up with internet stuff and youtube vlogs and bed.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Busy first day, looking forward to reading more!
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Riverside is a lovely looking resort! I am glad that you got to go to Wolfgang Puck Express, I keep forgetting about how good the food is in there.
Thank you for posting
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List