Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Dec 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Thing is we mostly go for maybe two weeks of the year...Reports have been of a child left in pushchair around the pool getting sun burnt while their parents are drinking ,then parents being arrested for neglect ... fights in Epcot, recently cast member punched in face, men climbing up statues drunk and women being sick in toilets ... Epcot is no longer that beautiful ,peaceful place to stroll through at night, at least not in the food & wine festival..
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
Thing is we mostly go for maybe two weeks of the year...Reports have been of a child left in pushchair around the pool getting sun burnt while their parents are drinking ,then parents being arrested for neglect ... fights in Epcot, recently cast member punched in face, men climbing up statues drunk and women being sick in toilets ... Epcot is no longer that beautiful ,peaceful place to stroll through at night, at least not in the food & wine festival..
I'm 99.9% sure this stuff always happened in the past but the lack of instant news meant it was never reported on. Now it's so easy to find out about these things and report on them. 20 years ago, not so much.

Everyone has a smart phone to document these things. Few people had the means to document and leave it for all to see (the internet etc) back int day.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
I'm 99.9% sure this stuff always happened in the past but the lack of instant news meant it was never reported on. Now it's so easy to find out about these things and report on them. 20 years ago, not so much.

Everyone has a smart phone to document these things. Few people had the means to document and leave it for all to see (the internet etc) back int day.
I disagree.
We attended the early F&W events with locals and it was lovely ... attending last year’s we just got the kids out as fast as possible as there were loads of drunks and loud behaviour. We drink but EPCOT isn’t the place to get off your face.

No internet reports just personal observation.
The whole atmosphere has changed.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Here's a photo of me in front of the castle (well, off to the side actually) the first time I visited back in '97:

Ah, the good old days when the castle looked like a big pink birthday cake!

(Oh and we visited in December so no shorts).
That was my first visit as well, that cake was terrible 🤮

Talking to an American guy at work today who lives in Florida and he refuses to go to Disney any more, hates that it's become a money making machine and is far away from what it used to be
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
I have noticed the decline in the 10 years we have been going, we now only do Disney every 3rd year.

There is one place I have found that the 100% focused old customer service is still alive and that’s on Disney’s cruise line, never had the whole family felt so looked after.
Agree about DCL, however the prices are getting utterly absurd.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I don’t get how I can save money on the water/drinks etc.

I don’t want it to be warm as it tastes awful and I don’t like the free water we got in the cups.

We ended up with pop in the parks more than paying for water and everything got so warm so fast.

My bag will only carry one normal size bottle.

Take a bigger bag?

Less than $5 for 36 bottles of water at wal mart or $3 for one in the parks

Take a back pack with a cool bag in it. It obviously gets lighter as the day goes on.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ShamuLvr View Post
That was my first visit as well, that cake was terrible 🤮

Talking to an American guy at work today who lives in Florida and he refuses to go to Disney any more, hates that it's become a money making machine and is far away from what it used to be
Oh the Pepto Bismo cake ... I was so upset they had vandalised the castle for my son’s first visit lol
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Nice and quiet there ..happy days 😊
The crowds were okay. It was early December so crowds tend to be lighter then.

However, the earlier photo is somewhat misleading. Here's another photo taken just a few minutes beforehand on Main Street:

Looks busy!

It really depends on which photos you select or timing the photo just right as to whether it looks busy or quiet.

Personally, I loved the cake castle. But I know many people didn't. Just goes to show that, for some people, some things have changed for the better.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
We didn’t buy any bottle water. Was always pop. Two reasons cos didn’t like taste of the water and cos I don’t wanna pay for water then soda is 50c more.

If the free water was better that would be great. Still didn’t like it with the squash stuff in
Ok. But now it comes down to the taste of the water rather than price. I don't mind the taste of the free water when cool - it's certainly drinkable - but I know some people don't like it. I was merely giving you ideas on ways to save money and not having to buy pop or bottle water. As others have said, you could get cheap bottled water from Walmart and get a bigger bag if the cost of Disney's bottled water or pop was an issue for you (or if you didn't want to drink pop all the time).

I mean, bottled water is relatively expensive in lots of places. If you go into a coffee shop in the UK the bottled water often costs almost as much as a cup of coffee or a bottle of pop. As has been pointed out online before, you're mainly buying the convenience of the bottle, not the water inside it. Similarly, the pop is 98% water with a bit of sugary flavouring added (which, for 50c more, is a bit of a rip off). Disney isn't the first to charge ludicrous amounts for a bit of water and at least they provide the option of free water.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
Take a bigger bag?

Less than $5 for 36 bottles of water at wal mart or $3 for one in the parks

Take a back pack with a cool bag in it. It obviously gets lighter as the day goes on.
If I take a bigger bag it won’t fit on the rides with me. I suppose I’ll just have to buy the pop cos I can’t see a reasonable way of keeping it cold and carrying it.

Also we don’t like the taste of the Florida water so it’s moot how much that costs.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List