Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Dec 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sleigh Bells ring are you listening... Day 2, driving home for Christmas!

So you know how this works, I’m awake at 2am!

I doze till 5am and then we make a drink. The hotel does a free breakfast, standard fare, waffles, bagels, cereal, scrambled egg etc. I have scrambled egg on toast and an English muffin, very nice especially as it’s free!

We get ourselves sorted and head out, we drive down to the beach, it’s only a couple of miles. Wow it’s windy here, blowing a gale but really warm, the waves are huge!

We drive a bit further along to the Pier, it’s $1 each to go along and $4 if you want to fish, there are loads of fishermen.

We head back to the Turnpike and start our journey home.

Nearly 3 hrs later and we’re home. Villa looks good, guests have done lots of washing for us.

I unpack the cases and Richard gets his tools etc out of the owners locker. We have things planned!

First stop is Publix for a shop, the bill is $94 which includes beer (of course) chicken, salad etc.

I spend the afternoon remaking all the beds, Richard cleans the kitchen floor. We start our list of things we need. A new Hoover is top of the list as ours appears to be broken. A new tree is added to the list too, poor thing has had It’s day.

Lunch is a ham sandwich and crisps. The afternoon flys by, I do ask on our local site about someone removing our dead tree, within half an hour a very nice young man arrives to remove it, he charges me $50 which is a bargain.

We grab another quick sarnie for tea as we are heading out for the evening. We have a Disney fireworks cruise booked with some other owner friends.

Before long we see this.

We arrive at the Grand Floridian and get complimentary valet parking because we have a disabled badge.

Photos of the tree, has to be done.

We meet my lovely friend Claire (Clairey Fairy on here) and another friend Devon and Liz at the Enchanted Rose bar.

Our bar bill was $155 but there was 11 of us, it’s not cheap to drink here.

We’re off to the Marina to meet our Captain and board our boat. Captains name is Jonathan, he’s lovely.

We cruise the lakes and watch the electric water pageant, the music is enough to drive you insane!

We arrive in front of Cinderella’s castle just in time for the fireworks. This really is an amazing way to view them rather than being squashed in the park!

We head back and leave our Captain with a nice tip. It’s getting late and we’ve been up since stupid o clock! The I4 is rammed even at this time of night. We fall into bed about 11.30, a very long day!

Night night xx

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great 1st day at the villa and what a lovely way to watch the fireworks

Joan
Old 28 Dec 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh wow lovely photos! We have done the fireworks cruise before too and it is fab! Your post makes me want to do it again. Hope you have gotten a decent nights sleep now!
Old 28 Dec 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. Ahh, the deep joy of being an Owner - Jobs!
The photos you took are really good, well done. I love just watching the sea and the waves breaking. So relaxing.

I agree with you ref what a good way to watch the fireworks away from the madding crowd. A nice day albeit long.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

I agree about a lovely way to view the fireworks. We did the same cruise a few years back and it is so civilised!
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely way to watch the fireworks and what a way to spend boxing day!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Busy day- hope you will be able to grab some r-n-r soon .
Old 28 Dec 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Love your blog. You had a lovely day. Great hearing about your villa and everything that you have to do. I know you are always working to keep it nice but it must make a difference being in Florida.
Old 30 Dec 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow Celina what a great day 😊 you must have been shattered but a good way to shake any jet lag.Angela
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What a long day for you both.

Had to laugh when you said about the tools, it is also one of the first things that comes out of our owners cupboard.

Good service with the tree guy Looking forward to seeing the replacement.

Lesley and Melvin