Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
This question has been done to death many times if you do a search. For the TLDR: it doesnt really matter, if you want to go on holiday, just go, and don't forget to bring your child.
99% of questions on this forum are done to death! I wasn’t aware that we had a list of what could and could not be asked?

OP

I always thought 6/7 but each child is different. In May we took our four year old grandson, totally different experience and truly wonderful. Whatever the age as long as you adapt to your child I see no age restrictions
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

My 2 pence.

Before they are 3 - you are going on holiday for you. They are coming along. They will enjoy it sure, but they will probably get as much excitment from the local soft play so I wouldn't go for them.

I would also say that taking a 6 month old who doesn't crawl is also a lot easier than a 2 year old who doesn"t want to sit still.

It might be worth planning a trip just before they turn 3 - free park entry, or the months just before they start school - cheaper holiday as not school holiday time.

But ultimately no wrong or right age, just a different experience each time.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

There’s no correct answer to this... my granddaughter is 4, and has been 7 times... does she remember the early trips? No of course not, but I do, and wouldn’t change anything...the look on her face says it all. 😍

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We took our DS when he was 18months and it was just magical. The photos we have of his delight seeing and meeting the characters are just wonderful. He of course cannot remember any of it. I think he was 5 when he really started to remember things and was tall for his age so got on more rides. He will be 17 when we go back this year and I think every year has been good for different reasons. This year he can do some of the backstage tours so we will do one for the 1st time together which will be another new experience for us all. Think the worst part of taking them when small is lugging all the stuff around you need and keeping them happy on a long haul flight!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We took our LB in September/October ahead of him turning 2 in November. We certainly had our toddler challenges but it was truly magical. He may not remember the trip in years to come but we have made memories with him that will last a lifetime!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

It depends on whether you want baby to remember, or if you're happy remembering this trip and letting them remember a later trip.

Our Daughter we took at 34 months, so almost 3. I've just asked if she remembers any of it, she says it's hard because of the trips in between, but she does remember her older cousin buying one of the hats in China that look like lampshades...and visiting first aid at Typhoon Lagoon because her other cousin got upended by the wave and scraped his back across the bottom.
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
99% of questions on this forum are done to death! I wasn’t aware that we had a list of what could and could not be asked?

OP

I always thought 6/7 but each child is different. In May we took our four year old grandson, totally different experience and truly wonderful. Whatever the age as long as you adapt to your child I see no age restrictions
I didn't mean to sound rude at all I was trying to save the OP and others some time as there are many many threads about this with all sorts of opinions. I didn't say anything about questions that couldn't be asked?
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
Hi all,

My earliest memory is from when i was 3 years old, so is it best to wait until around then or older?
We first brought our kids to Disney World when they were 13, 10, 7, and 3. Youngest actually turned 3 whilst there, so we didn't have to buy her a ticket (first entry day at 2 y.o, so "free" for the duration). She likes to look at the photos, but she doesn't remember it at all. *I* remember she adored the Pooh ride and begged to go on it again and again (SO lucky there was not much queue at that time, so I took her straight back on three or four times). She was too short for many of the rides, so we did a lot of child swap, with one of us trying to entertain her. Magic Kingdom was okay, but the other parks she did a lot of waiting (and snacking). She was old enough to realize she was missing out on something, though.

Took the kids to Universal when youngest two were 10 and 6. We had great fun, but Universal had more for the 10+ crowd, so again youngest saw she missed out on a lot. Oh, she had loads of fun, though. We have plenty of photos. She doesn't remember much.

Went back to Disney when youngest was 8 and she could do everything and remembers most everything 2 years later.

It was more work (on the adults) to holiday at Disney with a toddler. The older ones got more out of it. Of course, if we had to do it again we would still bring a little one.
Old 3 Jan 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Took DGS when he was 15 months old, took my god daughter in September at 2 and a half.
Both trips were very different although so much fun to watch the little ones meeting their favourite characters.
We're going back with DGS for his 3rd trip in October - he's 3 in June. He is already asking when is it his turn to come on the plane? Some relatives gave him money at Christmas and he told everybody he saw that his pennies were to go see Mickey!
They may not "remember" the trip as such but unlike us they very much live in the moment and thoroughly enjoy the time they are there. Of course you'll always have the memories too and they will be precious as your little one grows up
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

We have had our daughter at WDW aged 1 and 2, DLP aged 18 months and DL just before turning 3.

Every one has been a great experience, and her experience is different every time as has been able to do more. Next time is WDW just after she turns 4.

However as somebody else said it depends how often you can go. If it will be regular then go whenever you like. If not then wait until they are at least 102cm tall, as that's the height requirement for most of the rides, outwith some of the wilder ones.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List