Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Feb 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

The Incredibles take a vacation - Feb 2020- Day 8 Disney springs and Hollywood Studios (Storybook D

We’d originally planned a free/pool day here with chef Mickey’s for dinner. Before we left the UK I decided that I wanted to do storybook dining, but wasn’t sure which ADR to switch. At the the start of the holiday I decided that it would be Chef Mickey’s and managed to switch for Artists point at the perfect time. When we visited the contemporary for the pirates dessert party I was glad we did this as I didn’t really like it over there. It turned out to be too cloudy and cool for the pool today, so we went over to Disney springs. By the time we got off the bus it was raining and we realised we’d forgotten the bag with the hoodie and jackets in, but we trooped on. First stop was goody’s candy company to rinse some of the 43 credits we had left. The kids got bags of sweets for their friends.

We were undecided on where to eat so we decided to get a starter in T. rex to use the Landry card credit and then go to blaze to share a pizza. T. rex is pretty cool, but it’s huge and noisy even when it first opens. We got a sharing sampler appetiser and a couple of beers. The food was quite good, but we were stuffed and couldn’t fit in the pizza.

I’d got fastpass for beauty and the beast and had just managed to bag one for toy story mania, so we slowly made our way to Hollywood studios ( via the boat to old key west to be nosy). We got perfect seats for beauty and the beast and it turned out to be everyone’s favourite show ( I particularly enjoyed Gaston!). The kids were peckish again now so I mobile ordered 2 adult chicken tender meals from backlot express which we shared and Mr I and I got a beer and cocktail. We did toy story mania with improved scores all round and headed back to the hotel, with just us on the bus, to get changed.

In the original plans I had intended to get a Surrey bike at wilderness lodge, but Mr I had since torn his calf, so that was off. We had a little wander around the resort before heading to the bar. We were called early for our ADR despite the cast member saying they were running 15 minutes late. It’s really lovely in the artist point restaurant and the food is slightly better than a lot of other places (although it’s mainly in presentation not taste). Again dessert was the winner. The character interactions were great here, but obviously Evil Queen steals the show. Definitely our favourite character meet! We headed back to AKL as violet wanted to watch the premiere of Disney’s Zombies 2 🙄, it was still a bit chilly for a late night swim so we got some packing done whilst the kids indulged in the tv. A slower day, but still a good one.

Edited at 01:19 PM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a nice relaxing day

Joan
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds fab, the food at storybook dining does look really beautiful, shame it was too cool to swim
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Sounds fab, the food at storybook dining does look really beautiful, shame it was too cool to swim
Yes, we had wanted to pop over to use the pool at Kidani, but We’re not too bothered as this holiday wasn’t really about pool time. We always knew we’d be tight on relaxing time in order to fit stuff in.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List