Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have twin daughters and when they were younger they both tended to get invited to the same parties as other parents seemed to think you had to From about 8 years onwards both girls were adamant they did not want to do everything together and we let everybody know it was alright not to invite both They are 13 now and both independent of each other, they have separate friendship groups and both are out going and confident Don’t feel you have to invite both twins just because they are twins in fact you may be doing then a favour by helping to develop their independence
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I don’t think you need to invite the girls twin.
Saying that every party I have done at least two children and brought a sibling and the parent then says it hope you don’t mind!’ Then I have had to pay extra 😱
That is so rude!

Hope the gifts they gave were exceptional.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got twins and they’re close, so I think I would have turned down a party if only one was invited. But if I’d asked for them to be in separate classes or they had different groups of friends then it wouldn’t bother me. In fact, I think it would have made it harder when it came to their birthday if we had two classes of children to invite!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My twins were in the same primary class but it wouldn’t have bothered us if only 1 was invited if that one was more friendly with the birthday child.
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Both my kids have a twin in their class. My eldest invites the girl in her class to her parties and it's never occurred to my daughter or me that the girl's twin, in a different class, should be invited! Totally fine to only invite the one in his class IMO.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

I have twins and occasionally only one would get invited to a party etc. I was totally fine with it.
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

When my son was young he had twins in his class , someone else in the class invited just one twin to their party in a soft play area . The twins mum waited at party so just paid for the other twin to play.
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi
I have 8 year old twin girls and at their school its one class a year.
That being said they arnt reliant on each other and have their own friend groups.
They get invited to different partys and theyre ok with it
I think its helped them devlop very independent natures away from each other
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

My DGS's are twins in different classes and they often get invitations individually to parties that the other one isn't invited to. In fact it's the norm for them

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

we have been here and done it

My DD was best friends with one twin in her class, the other in the other side of the year group ( 2 class's per year )

so we invited the one, the mum of the twins went mad, asked why the other wasnt invited, we explained we were only having 10 girls and the other one did not play with my daughter that much, she then said it might cause " separation anxiety and give the other one self awareness issues " , we didnt know what to say, so invited the other one, 10 years down the line both are home schooled and will not leave the house due to " anxiety "
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List