Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lpf View Post
This makes me really sad. My son is autistic and his special interest is Star Wars so obviously he knows everything about GE. He won’t be able to cope with these early starts, crowds at admission, the stress of not knowing whether we’ll get a boarding group or not (he probably won’t sleep and will talk about it endlessly stressing everyone out) and if we get a stand by boarding group, the stress of waiting to see if we get a go will be too much. And the meltdown if we don’t get a boarding group...

At least with a stand by queue we know what we’re getting and can prepare him.
I assume you will have DAS for your visit. I would go to guest services saying exactly what you have above, I would hazard a guess they will help you out.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
I’ve emailed disney disability services about this as there is no way my son will cope with those admission crowds. I wondered if they had an alternative to the huge gate crowds.
Please do report back on this!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I’m not looking forward to this at all when we go in May it just sounds so stressful
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Nor me ,i’m getting really stressed and anxious about it ,I wish they’d just open a standby line
Why get stressed about it. If it is stressing you out now, just decide to not bother with the ride. It looks pretty rubbish anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Why get stressed about it. If it is stressing you out now, just decide to not bother with the ride. It looks pretty rubbish anyway.

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
waddylove72
Getting to know the DIBB

We will be in HS in just over a weeks time!

Can I ask re MDE app - does the Join a Boarding Group button become enabled automatically when it's available or do you need to refresh the MDE app to see ir?
waddylove72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by waddylove72 View Post
We will be in HS in just over a weeks time!

Can I ask re MDE app - does the Join a Boarding Group button become enabled automatically when it's available or do you need to refresh the MDE app to see ir?
You need to refresh the app
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blueste View Post
I assume you will have DAS for your visit. I would go to guest services saying exactly what you have above, I would hazard a guess they will help you out.
I will go and ask them but I don’t want special treatment or anything. There’s lots of people with additional needs who can’t cope with this, I just wish they’d thought about those people.
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lpf View Post
I will go and ask them but I don’t want special treatment or anything. There’s lots of people with additional needs who can’t cope with this, I just wish they’d thought about those people.
They have thought about those people that's why you should go to guest services. If you don't tell them you are one of those people they won't know your one of those people
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I think this week is a bad example of getting a pass, maybe try the experiment again in a couple of weeks.

We rode last Saturday and had no trouble getting a pass, it worked best on WiFi for us, dh grabbed on his phone whilst mine on 4G was still loading.

We rode and left the park by 1pm.

I’ve been looking at the live wait times on the dibb all week whilst we’ve been here and I actually saw HS as 9.9 on Tuesday.

The parks are extremely busy, we’ve never experienced crowds like it, not just at HS but at all the parks.

We normally come in May and August and so we’re used to holiday weekend crowds with Memorial Day and Labour Day but Presidents weekend was so much busier. There are lots of school groups here too, and apparently it’s winter break for lots of northern states. Run Disney also starts today.

Although it’s busy we’ve still managed to grab extra fp each day and have gotten loads done. We only spend a few hours each day in the parks as we are lucky enough to visit often.

In terms of getting on ROTR plan it for early in your trip, you’ll have jet lag on your side for getting there early. Drive or Uber to get there if possible. Skyliner doesn’t run early enough and no buses at our resort for HS but I think they would have been packed.

We got to HS at 7:30am for 8am opening and we were in waiting within 10 minutes so actually getting in the park is fine.

At least if you plan for early in your trip you’ll have a chance to try again.

It is a good ride but personally I wouldn’t be too bothered about missing it next time. FOP though I’m be gutted to miss.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As a Star Wars fan ROTR was like a religious experience for me!

Joking aside we got back 10 days ago and it was people who don't frequent these sort of boards that I feel sorry for. These people has no idea of the madness these boarding passes cause, and whlst we were lucky and got to ride twice (two seperate days) it was early starts (park was opening at 7 then) and took planning and dedication. Those unaware were strolling in to the park just after opening and wondering why all the BG's had gone.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List