Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Feb 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
was great reading along. I never knew they did hot butter beer, hopefully they will be doing it in November
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve only just found your report, I love reading about your meals, I’m slacking! Mouth watering! Thank you for posting. Hot butter beer - who knew?!

I’m wondering how your little dog is? I bet she was really happy to see you home.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
King cake looks yum...I can see why you went back for another
Loved the king cake. Strange as we totally expected to love the beignets more.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Just spent an afternoon indoors away from the storm outside catching up. You've had some great meals and snacks. Glad you're having a good holiday and how great to be able to ride on the floats. Will you bringing your beads home? We got so many when we watched the parade a couple of years ago we had to leave loads behind as they would have been so heavy in the case!
Thanks. The holiday was great, wasn’t sure what a week would be like but it was brilliant. Also meant our cases were fairly empty so I managed to bring our 200+ strings of beads home in the case. I’ve been teaching my class how to make dogs and stars from them. I can’t imagine how many beads Universal go through.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It looks like you've had some great meals. A shame you didn't rate your meal at Confisco Grill, it was one of our Universal favourites last time we were there. We really enjoyed Mythos too. The lanyard was certainly great value for money.
Confisco was good overall it was just my wrap that was disappointing. The lanyard was great, such good value.

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Really enjoying your report, thanks for taking the time to another one! Food looks fab for the most part. The Mardi Gras lanyard looks like a great idea. Always good to see food festivals!
Thanks for reading. The lanyard for Mardi Gras was brill. A whole new experience for us.

Originally Posted by voddygirl View Post
What a fantastic report , the Palm stands out for me ,that steak looked divine
Thanks for reading. We really loved the Palm!
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Fabulous report as always, how many of the mint M&Ms made it home?! Thanks for sharing.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Really enjoyed reading this in a wet and stormy afternoon! The Palm looked lovely! We enjoy Lombards but never tried Mythos. Food has always been really enjoyable in Lombard’s.
Thanks for reading. I think I prefer Lombards to Mythos, just, food was good at both but Mythos was a little chilly.

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Can't believe your trip is coming to an end 🙁.
The food at Urban Pantry looks good, but hot butter beer sounds delicious!
It feels like ages ago now but I'd totally do another week long trip.
That hot butter beer is the stuff of my dreams

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
So excited you managed to try the hot butterbeer, I wish they would do them all year round too!
Maybe one day or you just need to get that winter trip in next again time

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
It was great to see all the lovely snacks, drinks and meals from you trip! We love a Universal trip and it was great to see some food options that we hadn’t tried before not long now til your next adventure a great report thank you xx
Thanks for reading, summer still ages away but it will be here in no time.
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Enjoyed reading. Never had hot butter beer, hope they have it in October when we go.
I was trying to find out when they start selling it, you'd think they'd have it in October though.
Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great to get your DS little insights at the end of each meal. Hot butter beer does sound divine!

A great trip for the three of you, lovely to see all the Mardi Gras fun you had. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us. I hope the return to work hasn't been too painful.
Thanks, he is a child of few words... Thanks for reading. the return to work hasn't been too bad. Have you been off this week? Hows your summer plans going?

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
What a fantastic trip, really enjoyed reading along.

Looking forward to the next one in July. x
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Loved reading along. Glad you had a great time. Thanks for taking the time to do the report live.
Thanks for reading, I think a live report for me makes it more likely that I will finish it.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Another fab report, thank you so much for sharing X
Thanks for reading. Not much time at all till you will all be away.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I enjoyed reading along thanks for takin,g the time to do it

Joan.
Thanks for reading Joan

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’ve enjoyed following along, thanks for sharing your trip. I look forward to July!
Thanks for reading, how are your summer plans coming along?
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Just catching up, sounds like you had an amazing time, It is great that you would recommend all of the places

Thanks for taking your time to write the report
Thanks for reading. Hopefully you'll get your Universal Trip at somepoint not too far away.

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Totally going to try that potato twirly thingy this year, looks a fab snack. That firecracker shrimp at Cowfish looks delicious too Thanks for posting... always a great read
Both things were amazing. Thanks for reading. I see you are back at the Rosen Plaza this time. It was fully booked for some of our time in July so we are next door at the Rosen Pointe Orlando instead.

Originally Posted by sammi71 View Post
was great reading along. I never knew they did hot butter beer, hopefully they will be doing it in November
Thanks for reading, they will definitely have hot butter beer in November.

Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
I’ve only just found your report, I love reading about your meals, I’m slacking! Mouth watering! Thank you for posting. Hot butter beer - who knew?!

I’m wondering how your little dog is? I bet she was really happy to see you home.
Thanks for reading.

My wee Noodles is doing well, thanks for asking. She was spoilt rotten by my friend and my mother-in-law while we were away but she was super excited to see us back especially ds.

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Fabulous report as always, how many of the mint M&Ms made it home?! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading.

Haha, surprisingly most of them made it home, not sure how long they will last though.
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fantastic as ever thank you for sharing what a nice time of the year to get away xx
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Both things were amazing. Thanks for reading. I see you are back at the Rosen Plaza this time. It was fully booked for some of our time in July so we are next door at the Rosen Pointe Orlando instead.
Yes, the first time in around the last 15 visits that I've booked a Virgin Holidays package holiday. Because of the flight prices, and lack of reward flights, from Manchester this year I couldn't get near the price (£1000 pp) doing it DIY
Looking forward to your July trip
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Fantastic as ever thank you for sharing what a nice time of the year to get away xx
Thanks winter breaks are great. We certainly picked a great week to be away from the weather here and had glorious weather there.

Is that a Halloween time countdown you have?