Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Mobile Blizzard beach

Never been to blizzard beach, we went to typhoon lagoon last time. Are there any seats near the ski patrol area? If not where would you suggest to sit nearby as I think our kids are going to love that area.
Any other tips for blizzard beach would be appreciated as well
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
IMO i dont really like BB, i think the beds/seating are ridiculous. too many chairs/beds rammed in and you feel like you are always on top of someone
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

If your kids are the right age for the Ski Patrol area, BB is great IMO. My girls used to spend ages there and TL doesn't have a similar preteen area. There are seats nearby but not loads. I would definitely try and get there when it first opens.
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I have to disagree with Maddo, we’ve always found excellent seats, although there’s not many seats around ski patrol we’ve found good seats under pagodas in tykes peak.

We’ve struggled to find seating at TL and always end up being on a rat run to the pavement and kicked by sand.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
If your kids are the right age for the Ski Patrol area, BB is great IMO. My girls used to spend ages there and TL doesn't have a similar preteen area. There are seats nearby but not loads. I would definitely try and get there when it first opens.
What ages do you think this area is best for? We will have an 11 & 9 year old- are they too old?
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Usababe View Post
What ages do you think this area is best for? We will have an 11 & 9 year old- are they too old?
I think it is more about height than age. Mine were fine at that age. The family raft ride at BB is far better than the one at TL. Make sure you don't miss that one.
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Get there 15 mins before opening - you can get changed, suncreamed, locker etc and then wait for rope drop

1st thing to go on (after finding some seats) is the ski lift as it gets very busy and it leads directly to the big drop slides or even better the family raft ride which is brilliant

The big racing slide (where you sit on a yellow ring) gets very busy and loads really slowly so if you want to go on that, do it early on
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We love blizzard beach. And we won’t step foot in typhoon lagoon for a very long time as we hated it.

Mine are younger will be 4&5 this time and we always sit in the kids section. There’s not much that we personally do in the water parks as the kids are small but yours are older so there will be more to do.

We love team boat springs. Always have. The stair kill me walking up as I am big but the kids and hubby manage it fine. They are really good with that kind of thing. We did struggle with the chair lift. It didn’t feel safe to us and was difficult getting the kids on and off so we just used the stairs. We also tried some of the tabogon rides but as my littlest was 3 she didn’t get very far and we had to run back for her which we didn’t want to repeat.

We also didn’t have a locker the last time we went. We just took a little cash and risked it. It was not an issue.

Mine love the little kids slides and would have loved the ice bergs if they were old enough. The family ride, main pool and lazy river is what we usually do. It’s a nice couple of hours from 10am when park opens then get some lovely ice cream snacks for lunch.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List