Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Companion flight with virgin

Hi

How do you see on your flying club account if you’ve received a companion voucher from your virgin credit card
Thanks 😊

Edited at 10:25 AM.
scotsprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It showed up on the app for me, it didn’t explain what it was, it just appeared in the flying club activity list as a ‘reward qualification’ but I knew what it was because I’d been looking out for it as I knew we’d hit the spend threshold.
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
It showed up on the app for me, it didn’t explain what it was, it just appeared in the flying club activity list as a ‘reward qualification’ but I knew what it was because I’d been looking out for it as I knew we’d hit the spend threshold.
Was it once the statement had been released for the month where you hit the spending, or as soon as you hit the spend amount? I know I've hit mine but I'm wondering if I will have to wait for my next statement at the start of October for it to show.
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Remember that a companion voucher isn't as good as it sounds (on virgin anyway)

You have to buy a full price refundable ticket and then you get a second for free.

Works well if you have a company paying for your ticket, not so good if you have to buy the first full price ticket yourslefy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post

You have to buy a full price refundable ticket and then you get a second for free.

Works well if you have a company paying for your ticket, not so good if you have to buy the first full price ticket yourslefy
It’s different now with the VA (Virgin Money) credit card. I assumed this is the one the OP meant? The companion voucher is on reward flights. So I get an economy mileage flight and my companion doesn’t pay miles, just taxes. The other option is to upgrade my reward ticket to premium with no further miles required. This is for red tier member (benefits are better for silver & gold).
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post

This isn’t true anymore since they brought out the new credit cards.
You can use it with miles flights but it depends on your status which cabin you can use it in.

Most of us are lowly red members and can only use it in economy. Silver can have premium or economy. Gold can have upper, premium or economy.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Was it once the statement had been released for the month where you hit the spending, or as soon as you hit the spend amount? I know I've hit mine but I'm wondering if I will have to wait for my next statement at the start of October for it to show.
It showed up within a few days of qualifying, which was about half way through my statement month.
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
It showed up within a few days of qualifying, which was about half way through my statement month.
Thank you. I'll keep an eye out on the app.
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
This isn’t true anymore since they brought out the new credit cards.
You can use it with miles flights but it depends on your status which cabin you can use it in.

Most of us are lowly red members and can only use it in economy. Silver can have premium or economy. Gold can have upper, premium or economy.
Ah, I've got the new card, but I obviously haven't bothered to read the new benefits properly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks everyone. I’ll have a look 😀