Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Nespresso Subscription ?

Anyone use this ?
Our old Dolce Gusto died and was considering a Nespresso then saw the subscription option ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Just took a look as was considering replacing our machine. Doesn’t look that good to me and generally don’t like subscription models as they just suck you in to spending more in the long run I feel.

I think closer to Xmas they tend to do deals where you get a machine and capsules bundle at a low price so as holding out for that.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have a Nespresso but seldom use it now, I hate the thought of all the capsules going to land waste. (I do know you can organise a complicated recycling scheme but know I wont)

I am back to caffetiere, just as good if you use the right coffee without the expense or the waste.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I have a Nespresso but seldom use it now, I hate the thought of all the capsules going to land waste. (I do know you can organise a complicated recycling scheme but know I wont)

I am back to caffetiere, just as good if you use the right coffee without the expense or the waste.
It's not complicated. Order a recycling bag, let them know when it's full and leave it outside your door.
Loftus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
It's not complicated. Order a recycling bag, let them know when it's full and leave it outside your door.
I just take them to petrol station and send them free with collect plus.

To answer the OP, £18 per month is quite a lot of coffee, and £35 for Vertuo. We defo don't spend that amount so subscription wouldn't work for us, even using roll over. We bought our Vertuo because DH likes the biggest size for his travel mug.
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I ordered a subscription model for £18 per month when my old Nespresso machine sprung a leak. Makes sense for us as we use anything between 12-20 weekly between us and place an order for 100 new capsules every couple of months or so. I just take the recycling bag to our local garage when full

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I just take them to petrol station and send them free with collect plus.

To answer the OP, £18 per month is quite a lot of coffee, and £35 for Vertuo. We defo don't spend that amount so subscription wouldn't work for us, even using roll over. We bought our Vertuo because DH likes the biggest size for his travel mug.
I am tempted to upgrade my original citz model (must be over 10 years old but works like a dream still) and been looking at Vertuo in my local boutique (I am in virtually every Sunday to buy coffee and drop off used pods)

I am ambassador level so get 25% discount - would you recommend the Vertuo ? Interested as I don’t know anyone who has one - have tried the free coffee in boutiques and like it but not convinced yet on whether to upgrade or not ... would welcome your views

Oh and I don’t subscribe as I have a Nespresso boutique in walking distance from me and like to sample the new coffees there before I buy
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We have had one for the last couple of years. We think it is great. You buy a machine for £1 and you do not have to spend all of your subscription each month either, it rolls over up to 2 years after your last payment of the plan if you wish to stop it. You can use the subscription either in a Nespresso shop or online.

We usally take our capsules to the Nespresso shop when we buy more capsules.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

I have one. Currently have about 200 capsules sitting in the kitchen and £160 credit on my account. Will be cancelling it as soon as the year is up.

Think I will buy a machine with the credit and then try and sell it to try recoup some of the subscription money.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I got a Vertuo for my desk at work. Cost 90 quid I think and I buy the capsules 'as and when'