Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Nov 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OMG at those missing passports, and as for your Norwegian plane, the mind boggles. And the maccaroon box on the door, well really, that steward needs to focus more on offering regular water to her passengers and get a life.

Hotel looks good.

Outlet Shopping on arrival night is super impressive, not sure how you managed that with your lack of sleep and driving licence scares!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Oh my word. Travel Days are tiring enough without being up half of the night because of the missing passport situation!

That plane certainly sounds like it’s seen better days! That’s just wrong that they don’t do a drink service for that amount of hours though.

Good news on the lack of immigration queues. Always a bonus when that happens.
It wasn’t the greatest start was it I really was not impressed with Hi Fly at all
I think that was a record for us getting through, it really was a walk through

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'd have been exactly the same, why do our minds do this to us? I did it a few weeks ago with an assignment, I thought I hadn't uploaded it woke up at 2am panicking that I was now going to be capped at a pass as it was late but I had infact uploaded it the night before

Norweign certainly doesn't look too good at all what a shame as I've heard good things about them and the prices too. at the stewardess with the macroons haha. The flight sounds awful but as you say it got you to your destination.

I'm glad that everything Orlando side went much better than the morning and plane journey. Shopping always cheers me up xx
Oh no. It is bad though when you get those seeds of doubt .. but deep down you sort of know it’s ok but you can’t resist a panic
Yes I do like Norwegian but not these substitute planes if they are like that one
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Love reading your reports - always make me chuckle.

I would have been freaking out with the passports.

I know plane food is not that great but that chicken looks vile haha! Glad you got there without the plane falling apart. xx
Ha ha thank you. It really was trial by travel day this time. The holiday does improve

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You know I'm kind of reassured it's not just me that wakes up in a panic in the small hours and turns the room upside down. I always have to check that the passports are still in my handbag before we leave the house (it's like the 500th check) then I check again in the car. I don't know where I think they could have gone in the 10 foot from the front door across the driveway and into the car but still I check. Then I check in the pre travel day hotel, my theory is the same as yours...at this point if the passports have magically disaparated from my bag back to the house there's enough time for one of us to go home and get them. Phew you found them in the end, I'd have been cursing Andy sleeping through it all and then it's his fault his joggers are having to hang up drying and blocking the passports from view so I'd have been cursing again. Then he decides to make a coffee at 4.30! It's not a great start to the day! No wonder you had your cheese and biscuits in the lounge it must have felt like dinner time.

At least your plane from yesteryear got you there in one piece even if it was a bit rickety. And to top it off you had a tropical mule. That sounds lovely.
Ooh yes that mule.. very zingy. Totally with you on the checking. In fact I think that’s why I took them out of the bag to check we had them That backfired on me didn’t it

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
OMG at those missing passports, and as for your Norwegian plane, the mind boggles. And the maccaroon box on the door, well really, that steward needs to focus more on offering regular water to her passengers and get a life.

Hotel looks good.

Outlet Shopping on arrival night is super impressive, not sure how you managed that with your lack of sleep and driving licence scares!
Lol, Andy tells me they were never missing and he knew they were there all along

I had a similar to do as the cardboard box on the flight back only this time it was my shawl which I couldn’t have wrapped around me

The shopping started out a good idea but we ran out of steam quite quickly
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

OMG Amanda, I have been crying with laughter at both of your first two days. I do the passport paranoia dance every time we travel, so much so Peter won’t pull away from the house until I have checked the bags and shown him that I have them. He does for me!
Can’t wait for more.
Sandie
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Amazing isn't it!
After all the planning packing and getting ready to go - the night before ends up with a mental tick list that needs double checking.

Not sure I would have slept either , without knowing the passports were there.

Possibly the less said about the flight the better , but did enjoy the High Life comments with Air Scotia Under loved tv show that was.

With the empty immigration hall you really did make up for the lack of inflight everything.

I'm also sure the driving licence episode would have sent us into a spin too.

Hotel looks great and to get some bargains on arrival , I'm sensing some serious shopping to be done in future days. Look forward to reading more

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
OMG Amanda, I have been crying with laughter at both of your first two days. I do the passport paranoia dance every time we travel, so much so Peter won’t pull away from the house until I have checked the bags and shown him that I have them. He does for me!
Can’t wait for more.
Sandie
Hi there
Ha ha. It’s hilarious isn’t it
And yet deep down you just know you have them so why do we do it !
Hoping to crack on now x

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Amazing isn't it!
After all the planning packing and getting ready to go - the night before ends up with a mental tick list that needs double checking.

Not sure I would have slept either , without knowing the passports were there.

Possibly the less said about the flight the better , but did enjoy the High Life comments with Air Scotia Under loved tv show that was.

With the empty immigration hall you really did make up for the lack of inflight everything.

I'm also sure the driving licence episode would have sent us into a spin too.

Hotel looks great and to get some bargains on arrival , I'm sensing some serious shopping to be done in future days. Look forward to reading more
Thanks, yep we had official paperwork melt down for sure
Ah wasnt The High Life great. Very under rated. Probably a bit “incorrect” now a days too

The Point Hotel is really great. Nice rooms , lots of space and a decent price. Far nicer than the Rosen we think. Just a shame no restaurants in walking distance.

Yep. The next day was shop till you drop. And so we did
Old 17 Dec 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh dear, what a panic in the middle of the night! I would have been the same, once something's in my head it has to be dealt with.

Hmm, not the best flight experience... what was up with the staff? Was the macaroon box very heavy? And the lack of drinks service really isn't good enough. At least it got you there safely, that's something!

Great experience in immigration for a change. Shame about the driving licence incident holding you up a bit.

I can't believe you managed a shopping trip after arrival as well... with purchases! Very impressive After the lack of sleep the night before, you must have been shattered. It's nice you managed a relaxing drink to end the day though.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh dear, what a panic in the middle of the night! I would have been the same, once something's in my head it has to be dealt with.

Hmm, not the best flight experience... what was up with the staff? Was the macaroon box very heavy? And the lack of drinks service really isn't good enough. At least it got you there safely, that's something!

Great experience in immigration for a change. Shame about the driving licence incident holding you up a bit.

I can't believe you managed a shopping trip after arrival as well... with purchases! Very impressive After the lack of sleep the night before, you must have been shattered. It's nice you managed a relaxing drink to end the day though.
Andys been reading out Norwegian flight prices to me over the Christmas break and I am like nope
It was a poor flight experience and the macaroon box episode was hilarious. Mind you the plane was so cronky maybe it would have caused a catastrophic issue

I never put the passports anywhere other than Andys hand luggage so what possessed me to leave them out is beyond me. We are such creatures of habit .any divergence and it’s anarchy

I can’t believe we went shopping either although we flagged quite quickly as soon as we stopped for something to eat. But it was nice to amble round with it virtually empty
Old 7 Feb 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

That plane sounded so scary!

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
That plane sounded so scary!
It really wasn’t the greatest flight