Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile London Uber

DLP in May, stopping overnight before and after in London. Want to see a few sites and having never before and not fond of big cities I'd be much happier using cabs. I know black cabs are expensive and everyone says to use Uber, but will they still be operating then? Havent they had their licence revoked?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
You would be better off using your contactless bank card on the tube if you’re worried about cost. I know people who have been ripped off by Uber. Your bank card will be debited with the lowest amount of money just like an Oyster card. Uber are still able to operate while their case goes to appeal. Black cabs for me all the time.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Costs isnt a massive issue, I'd rather take a cab than use the tube anyway.
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

I think in central London the tube is often quicker and easier than cabs/uber. London roads are very congested and slow moving. I have a cousin who is just terrified of being underground, so I get that sometimes overground is better. Do look at where your going and the journey times and suggestions on the TfL site against Google maps. Also be aware of any events happening, we've been stuck in traffic going in/out of London for hours in the past because of a protest or event. Anything that closes the any of the bridges will seriously disrupt traffic
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
If you want to see the main sights why not investigate the hop on hop off bus tours? They’re around £20 (I’ve not booked one for a couple of years so this might be a little out). That way you won’t miss anything plus you can see where you are going and get a commentary.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

We live in London and use Uber occasionally but I wouldn't generally use them to get to / from tourist destinations in central London. Traffic can be a total nightmare during normal working days. Where are you staying and what are you wanting to see? The tube will often be faster, obviously some people aren't keen because of bring frightened of crowds or claustrophobia. Buses are also really good in London and you also use a contactless card on them.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

also regarding the original question - they've almost had the license revoked several times before. I would be surprised if they aren't operating in May.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List