Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Tell me about your vacuum cleaner

About a year ago I bought a cordless Vax Blade and ever since I bought it I’ve felt it’s just not picking up as good as I had hoped.
I’m thinking of going back to a plug in hoover. So what do you all have and would/wouldn’t recommend?
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We have a Shark cordless and a Shark plug in liftaway. The plug in is great and has great suction. We use the cordless just for a quick easy flick over.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
How spooky! My Daughter just texted me as her Vax has packed in!

We have a Vax Upright. Cheap and cheerful and picks up brilliantly. Poor quality but does what it says on the tin.

Shark seem to have good reviews, not so much Dyson.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Mobile

I have the Shark duo clean lift away (think that’s what it’s called). It’s picks up great but it’s a little awkward to push but not enough to not buy one. It’s only got a small brush head area so it feels a bit like an old fashioned hoover and it’s quite heavy but manageable. I’ve always been a Dyson person and have had them since they came out (gone through a fair few hoovers). Have a DC14 which was great and just got it overhauled every now and then as the engineer said not to change it as it was one of the best around unfortunately the motor went last year so bought the shark and had no regrets (dh hates it though). I also have a dyson cordless which is next to useless even after giving it a thorough clean. I prefer corded.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

We’ve had a Shark lift away for the last few years and it’s by far the best vacuum cleaner we’ve every had. In the past I’ve had Vax (too heavy), dyson (initially great but after a couple of years seem to be not so good), Henry (the most hopeless vacuum cleaner ever - fine on hard surfaces but hopeless on carpets).

So I’d highly recommend Shark - and they’re not particularly expensive either.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Shark lift away here also, we have 2 St Bernards so our house is where vacuums come to die!

We're on our second Shark (the first one didn't owe us anything considering what we put them through) and I think they're fantastic vacuums, very popular in the big, furry dog communities also, Shark & Henry are the ones that get the most mentions.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Shark here too! Always had Dyson, but when it eventually died I bought a Vax upright worst thing I ever spent money on!
On a trip to Costco the corded shark was on offer for something like £140 so I bought one 😁 it’s brilliant and if that decides to pack in then I will be back to shark again.

Jane 😊

Edited at 06:15 PM.
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for the Shark. We have the Anti Hair Wrap Lift Away Upright. With having a Labrador the Anti Hair Wrap feature is a must.
I’ve had 3 previous Dyson’s and would never buy another, over priced and over rated

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our vacuum cleaner picks up dirt, my dog tries to bite him and he’s called Henry!
Old 1 Feb 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Another vote for the Shark. We have the Anti Hair Wrap Lift Away Upright. With having a Labrador the Anti Hair Wrap feature is a must.
I’ve had 3 previous Dyson’s and would never buy another, over priced and over rated
I love my Shark but have been thinking of the anti hair wrap one for a while, think we’ll have to upgrade.