Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Funnily enough - Mama Mia 2, the scene at the end where the baby's getting baptized, and Meryl Streep shows up while they're singing. As a young mum myself when I saw this last year, I was in absolute floods and floods of tears! And I was expecting this to be a light-hearted comedy haha!
That one completely got me. The Hope's and dreams a new mum has, that at the time I watched was a million miles where I was at with one of mine.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When moanas grandma dies that whole bit makes me ball my eyes out
I cry at loads of films though but that one gets me every time
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The final scene in Pitch Perfect when Jessie looks up at Becca when she starts singing the song from The Breakfast Club. That look sets me off.

It’s not a film but I struggle to watch a few scenes from The Big Bang Theory without crying - the first is when Amy opens the door of her New Jersey apartment and Sheldon is on one knee, and the second is when Sheldon asks each of his friends to stand during his part of the Nobel speech.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Marley and Me
I made the mistake of watching Marley and Me on a plane. Luckily it was an overnight flight and the lights were off as I was an absolute wreck!

Scott Mills (radio 1) did a segment a few years ago with cabin crew and they talked about how people were generally more emotional when they were on flights (and also trumped more )
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

ET - When you think he dies and also when he goes home.

Marley and me - cant even watch it again.
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bobbo's
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Armageddon - Bruce Willis being made of "the right stuff" - sob... (Bruce Willis for goodness sake!)

but in my defence - watching Liv Tyler on screen sobbing for her screen dad when her real dad was singing some rocking tunes was too much...
I've never seen so many men with red eyes coming out of the cinema after watching this. A couple even ran to the bathroom still crying!

Everything makes me cry! I agree with the scene in the final Big Bang Theory...and in the final Lord of the Rings movie, when every one stands for the hobbits.
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Jessie song in toy story two
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The scene near the end of Coco when Mama Coco sings Remember Me despite her advanced dementia.
My partner and I sobbed our way through A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood last weekend. Mostly happy tears, I’ll admit, but there wasn’t a dry eye in the house!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

Stepmom. That film hits me right in my heart.

Marley and me. I cried that hard I people at work THE NEXT DAY were asking me what was up.

The Champ
Beaches
Mamma Mia HWGA
The Notebook
Five Feet Apart
The fault in our stars

And Forrest Gump when he's talking to dead Jenny.
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We saw Bohemian Rhapsody at the cinema and lots of older men came out drying their eyes. I'm a bit too young to remember Freddie Mercury and Live Aid so it didn't affect me so much but it was certainly a sad story.